All About Astrology
When you look upon a star, does it tell you who you are? That’s what astrology is! About 5000 years ago, people studied the stars to help them tell stories that describe all of us. How is this possible? How do stars connect with all of us? Let’s take a peek at astrology and find out if it’s true...
Science of Stars
Astrology is not a science like Astronomy. For example, scientists study stars to explain things like how the earth revolves around the sun... that’s astronomy. Astronomy is responsible for how we count 24 hours in a day and 365 days in a year, we know exactly when summer is coming etc etc … these are all scientific facts.
Astrology vs Astronomy
Don’t confuse astronomy with astrology. Astrology is pseudo-science much like studying God, ghosts and superstitions. There’s absolutely no scientific evidence that it’s true. Astrologists study stars to explain things like who will fall in love with you, what your true personality is like, daily predictions, and yada yada yada… these are not facts and sometimes it’s hard to believe.
Power of Predictions
But just because astrology isn’t scientific, doesn’t mean you should rule it out. The very first astrologers were considered to be highly intelligent philosophers. Their predictions may be superstitious, but millions of people have followed their studies. The very first astrologers believed that stars were Gods and therefore as the Gods moved throughout the sky, they told stories by their positions in the sky and what was happening in people’s lives.
Hoopla on Horoscopes
The horoscope is one of the most popular studies of astrology. Our sun travels amongst the sky through 12 different constellations every year and the horoscope describes everyone’s personality for each constellation. They are:
- Aries – The Ram (March 21 to April 20)
- Taurus – The Bull (April 21 to May 20)
- Gemini – The Twins (May 21 to June 21)
- Cancer – The Crab (June 22 to July 22)
- Leo – The Lion (July 23 to August 22)
- Virgo – The Virgin (August 23 to September 22)
- Libra – The Scales (September 23 to October 22)
- Scorpio – The Scorpion (October 23 to November 22)
- Sagittarius – The Archer (November 23 to December 21)
- Capricorn – The Sea-goat (December 22 to January 20)
- Aquarius – The Water Bearer (January 21 to February 19)
- Pisces – The Fish (February 20 to March 20)
How Horoscopes Work
Astrologers would locate the sun’s position in a constellation (like Cancer the crab) on the day that someone was born and then write down all the characteristics of that person. Over and over again, the astrologers would notice that certain characteristics were always common between people who had the same horoscope, thus astrologers could predict what someone’s personality would be like on the day that person was born.
Make your own Horoscope
You can be a philosopher too by writing out your very own horoscope. Here's how you can do it:
- Make a list of all the people you know
- Find out when their birthday is and figure out what astrological sign they fall under
- Make a list of personality questions, like "Do you like to party?"
- Ask everyone the same questions
- With all your work, look for common answers for people who have the same astrological sign
- Now write articles about all your findings
- The more people you study, the more findings you will get
- Send your articles to your school newspaper
- Send your articles to your town newspaper
- The more you do it, you may become a famous astrologer!