All-Star Weekend Recap
The best players of the NHL and NFL showed off their talents in a weekend full of all-star action... but more like action you might see in a meadow of begonias and daffodils. All-star games are never that exciting because it’s just an exhibition game and no one really tries that hard.
Pro Bowl Picture
Mack's Big Move!
The NFL Pro Bowl was terribly lopsided with the NFC All-Stars dominating the AFC All-Stars 55-41. That score is much closer than they game was because at one point the NFC was winning 42-0. There were some very interesting plays during the game:
- Alex Mack, who plays center for the Cleveland Browns, scored a hillarious touchdown on the last play of the game. It was a 67-yard passing play with two laterals. The video has become viral on the internet.
- The NFC Defense played awesome defense. They had 5 Interceptions!
- Marc Mariani, kickoff returner for the Tennessee Titans, got a Pro Bowl Record of 326 yards… but he was booed by fans when he kneeled in the end zone after scoring a touchdown
New NHL Format
Cheer for Chara
The NHL all-star weekend was a little more fun this year. The fans still voted for the players, but this year something different happened. Eric Stall from the Carolina Hurricanes and Nicolas Lidstrom from the Detroit Red Wings were elected as captains and they got to pick their own teams. Here’s some of the more interesting things that happened during the NHL All-Star weekend:
- Zdeno Chara of the Boston Bruins broke the fastest slap shot record with his shot recorded at 105.9 MPH
- The Breakaway challenge at the Skills competition was embarrassing for players as the goalies refused to try
- Team Lidstrom beat Team Staal 11-10, but unfortunately the game was quite boring as few players decided to play any defense
All-Star or All-Snores
There are lots of complaints about the excitement of the all-star games in professional sports. A lot of fans pay a lot of money to see these all-star players play their best, but most of the time these games are very boring. How do you think they could make these all-star games more exciting? Write us a comment!Related Stories