2012 Valentine’s Day Fashions
February 14 falls on a Tuesday in 2012. A true budding fashionista will view this as a great opportunity to show off her personal style at school. While your first instinct may be to show up dressed head to toe in your cutest red and pink heart-covered fashions, stretch your fashion imagination this V-day and amp up your look with some easy styling and accessorizing!
Dress to Accessorize
Choosing your outfit isn’t as important as choosing your accessories when it comes to glamming up for this holiday. Here are three options:
- Preppy: Black jeans, a red top, a cardigan and loafers.
- Romantic: Red ruffled mini skirt, white eyelit top and ballet flats.
- Trendy: Dark jeans, lacy tank top, chunky heels.
Hearts, flowers and bows aren’t too young if they’re done with style. Here’s how to tell the difference:
- Wrapping a big bow around your head to look like a present is definitely a fashion “don’t”. Wearing a silver headband with a little bow is an elegant fashion “do”.
- Light-up heart necklaces scream “look at me” (don’t), where chunky charm necklaces or bracelets whisper “check me out.”
- A Hello Kitty phone cover is so elementary school (just say no). A kitty and a little bling on your phone cover deliver just the right combo of cute and stylish (oh yeah).
- Anything that says “kiss me”, “bad girl” or other sexually inviting statement sends a message you really shouldn’t be putting out there. Keep your words in your mouth and let your clothes speak for themselves.
Accessorize your hair to get the most of your V-day look. Headbands are an easy choice this year with hearts, ribbons, flowers and bling in all shapes and sizes to suit any style from Goth to Glam to girly. Love feathers? You don’t have to spend a fortune getting red and black woven in for the day. Accessories stores like Claire’s have commitment-free clip-ons at a fraction of the price. Bad hair day? Try a cute fedora à la Teddy from Disney's Good Luck Charlie.
Don’t go overboard – it’s a school day after all. Luscious shades of frosty pink lip gloss, and just a touch of pinkish blush on the apples of your cheeks tie your look together, no matter what look you’re pulling off.
Have Your Say
What hot Valentine’s Day trend will you be rocking at school this year?