-
x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

Book Review: The Alchemy of Forever (Incarnation #1) by Avery Williams

Seraphina escapes her controlling immortal boyfriend, Cyrus, only to wind up in a teenager’s body. Kidzworld has the book review of The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams, book one in the Incarnation series.

How It Began

Way back in the 14th Century, Seraphina Ames had a chance encounter with the local apothecary’s son, Cyrus, outside of the masquerade ball. When a couple of beggars stabbed Seraphina, Cyrus fed her an elixir that saved her life, and made her immortal. But there was a price. Through a kiss, Seraphina was forced to inhabit another person’s body. After ten years, that body would start to break down, at which time she’d have to claim a new one.

The Controlling Boyfriend

For over 600 years, Seraphina has lived under the watchful reign of the controlling Cyrus. But Seraphina has had enough. She doesn’t want to take anymore lives, she wants to experience death, and, most of all, she wants to escape Cyrus.

The Escape

Without Cyrus knowing, Seraphina plans an elaborate escape on the night that she’s supposed to take a new body, which will ultimately lead to her death. But when she witnesses a car accident with its 16-year-old driver on the verge of death, she unintentionally takes her body. For the first time since the 14th century, Seraphina occupies the body of a teenager, which means rules, school, parents and dramatic friendships. But there are perks to this new life: she has a home with a loving family and a cute neighbor next door. As long as Cyrus never finds her, she could live this way for years. But that, of course, is easier said than done.

The Bottom Line

The Alchemy of Forever is a quick read, but it has an engaging plot that mixes the many aspects of teenage life with immortality. Unlike a typical controlling boyfriend, Cyrus has wealth and stealth on his side, along with a charm that has other woman swooning. This is the first book in the Incarnation series, and we definitely recommend it to anyone who loves paranormal teen books

Have Your Say

What did you think of The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams? Leave a comment and let us know!

Related Stories
1 Comment

Related Stories

Micro undertheneversky micro
Check out Kidzworld's book review of Veronica Rossi’s debut dystopian novel for teens, Under the ...
Micro thisdarkendeavour micro
Award-winning author Kenneth Oppel creates a spellbinding prequel to Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein....
Micro bully micro
Rodney Rathbone finds himself the king of the hill in How to Beat the Bully Without Really Trying...
Poll liveforever

Would you live forever?

  • You betcha!
  • I'd have to think about it
  • Only if my friends and family would live forever as well
  • No way!

General In The Forums

jordand08
jordand08 posted in Say Anything:
Please stay on topic, if you have any more concerns you can comment either myself or kirsten. 
reply about 2 hours
jordand08
jordand08 posted in Say Anything:
"AlphaT" wrote: "jordand08" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote:Oh wow, a genuine trigger warning. Did the memes teach you nothing? First off, an actual warning. Take no action based on what you've read here without first consulting a mental health professional. Now, I have a lot of experience in mental illness. I have ADHD(Pre-DSMV), an anxiety disorder, and I've tested significant for bipolar (Pre-DSMV). My best advise is to find a therapist that you personally connect with. It's not about being comfortable, because a good therapist will challenge your thoughts, but you need to be able to accept those challenges. And to do that, you'll need a therapist that you mesh with. Aside from that, good medication can go a long way to helping you live with your mental issues. However, this isn't true for everyone, and it should be handled by a medical professional.  I'm sorry I found your comment rude. This post is not just about mental illnesses, and mental health is a universal thing that requires you to take care of yourself because you can't always see professionals because their isn't always easy access to them. Which is all clearly stated in the post. If you say something again on this post that's rude it will be reported I'm not sure what you mean by "rude". I mean, you found what I said to be rude, but you gave no reason why. If I don't know how to accommodate for your standards of rudeness, I feel like I'm doomed to repeat my trespass.  So, how exactly was I being rude? Your very first sentence. Yes its suppose  to be saracastic, but not everything has to be answered with as a joke, because some people take offense to it.
reply about 2 hours
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Say Anything:
"jordand08" wrote:"AlphaT" wrote:Oh wow, a genuine trigger warning. Did the memes teach you nothing? First off, an actual warning. Take no action based on what you've read here without first consulting a mental health professional. Now, I have a lot of experience in mental illness. I have ADHD(Pre-DSMV), an anxiety disorder, and I've tested significant for bipolar (Pre-DSMV). My best advise is to find a therapist that you personally connect with. It's not about being comfortable, because a good therapist will challenge your thoughts, but you need to be able to accept those challenges. And to do that, you'll need a therapist that you mesh with. Aside from that, good medication can go a long way to helping you live with your mental issues. However, this isn't true for everyone, and it should be handled by a medical professional.  I'm sorry I found your comment rude. This post is not just about mental illnesses, and mental health is a universal thing that requires you to take care of yourself because you can't always see professionals because their isn't always easy access to them. Which is all clearly stated in the post. If you say something again on this post that's rude it will be reported I'm not sure what you mean by "rude". I mean, you found what I said to be rude, but you gave no reason why. If I don't know how to accommodate for your standards of rudeness, I feel like I'm doomed to repeat my trespass.  So, how exactly was I being rude? 
reply about 2 hours
Kirsteeeeen
thanks for posting this Kristen. I think that it is a tough subject to talk about with other people and honestly I think it's good to talk about it in a moderate amount. Now that more pepole are being diagnosed with learning differences or some sort of other mental health disorder, I think that talking about it and informing people will only make it easier for people to feel less awkward or the odd man out. That's how I found about that I am not the only person in the room who has ADD. I'm more willing to come out and talk to people and discribe what I have to go through on a daily basis to raise awareness. School will always be hard for me so I look at my strengths to help push me forward in life.  Thank you for sharing! First of all I'd like to say I admire your bravery and I hope that things continue to improve. :) I agree, talking about it in a moderate amount is useful, as is reminding ourselves that mental health starts anybody, and that coping strategies and learning to love yourself are important no matter what, inside AND outside of a situation that would require therapy. It's also definitely helpful to know you're not the only one. And that there are so many successful people who have battled the same battles and still came out on top. Again, thank you. :)
reply about 3 hours
jordand08
jordand08 posted in Say Anything:
Oh wow, a genuine trigger warning. Did the memes teach you nothing?  First off, an actual warning. Take no action based on what you've read here without first consulting a mental health professional.  Now, I have a lot of experience in mental illness. I have ADHD(Pre-DSMV), an anxiety disorder, and I've tested significant for bipolar (Pre-DSMV).  My best advise is to find a therapist that you personally connect with. It's not about being comfortable, because a good therapist will challenge your thoughts, but you need to be able to accept those challenges. And to do that, you'll need a therapist that you mesh with.  Aside from that, good medication can go a long way to helping you live with your mental issues. However, this isn't true for everyone, and it should be handled by a medical professional.  I'm sorry I found your comment rude. This post is not just about mental illnesses, and mental health is a universal thing that requires you to take care of yourself because you can't always see professionals because their isn't always easy access to them. Which is all clearly stated in the post. If you say something again on this post that's rude it will be reported
reply about 3 hours