How to Celebrate Parents Day
We’ve all heard of Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, but did you know there’s a day to celebrate both? Parents Day falls on the fourth Sunday of every July. This year Parents Day is July 27th, 2014. Find out how to celebrate Parents Day!
What is Parents Day?
Parents Day has officially been a national holiday since 1994, and is all about family (no matter what faith or background you come from). You can even nominate your parents to win Parents of the Year! Parents Day is meant to show your appreciation for your parents and all the hard work they do in your family and in your community.
Parents Day Activities
Many communities celebrate Parents Day already, organizing events for the town that are centered around family activities, but if your town doesn’t you can try organizing your own Parents Day celebration at home and show your parents how much you care - and with the nice weather, you can do lots of things outdoors!
- Go on a family hike
- Organize a picnic for your parents
- Have a family game night
- Make dinner for your parents
- Take your parents to the beach
- Surprise them by doing chores
- Plan a family movie night and pick one your parents’ faves!
- Make a redeemable chore “booklet” your parents can cash in when they’re feeling stressed
- Does your parent have a special hobby? Make Parents Day the day you join them, whether it’s collecting stamps or learning carpentry!
- Make a card
- Bake them cookies
- Clean your room (this is really a gift for both of you!)
- Take them out to dinner
- Plan a surprise party for them!
- Buy or make them a gift
- Whatever you do, just make sure it spells out how much your appreciate what your parents do for you!
Have Your Say
How will you be celebrating Parents Day? Let us know in the comments section below.