Despicable Me 2 Blu-ray + DVD Review
The holiday season just got even brighter with the release of Despicable Me 2 on Blu-ray + DVD. Read Kidzworld's review!
Gru, his adorable girls, and the mischievous Minions are back with a cast of unforgettable new characters in the blockbuster sequel to the worldwide phenomenon. Just as Gru has given up being super-bad to be a super-dad, the Anti-Villain League recruits him to track down a new criminal mastermind and save the world. Partnered with secret agent Lucy Wilde, Gru, along with the wildly unpredictable Minions, must figure out how to keep his cover while also keeping up with his duties as a father.
The Bottom Line
It would be nearly impossible for Despicable Me 2 to be as original or amusing as the first film - it doesn't get more inventive than a plot to steal the moon! That's a tall order to live up to, but despite the incredible success of the DM, Despicable Me 2 definitely has some great new characters that we can't help but love, like Lucy the spy groupie, and unforgettable moments that will definitely get you chuckling.
The blu-ray combo pack come with some great new material, like the mini movies starring the minions (a real highlight in our opinion!) The crisp visuals looks even better on blu-ray, making sure you see every hilarious moment in perfect high definition. Even though DM 2 isn't quite as overwhelmingly charming as the first, it has a lot to offer in terms of great jokes, characters and visuals. If you're a fan of the first film, then taking home Despicable Me 2 is more than your time and is guaranteed fun for a family movie night this holiday season!
Blu-ray & DVD Bonus Features
Three All-New Mini-Movies Starring the Minions—Introduced by Gru
- Panic in the Mailroom
- Training Wheels
- The Making of the Mini-Movies—A fun-filled take on the making of the mini-movies through the eyes of the artists who made them.
- Deleted Scene
- The Minions—A visit to Illumination Entertainment in Paris and Los Angeles to hear what it’s really like to work with the Minions.
- Evil Minions—Bigger, badder and more purple than ever, the newest and fiercest addition to the Minion species can chew through metal and swallow a car. Find out more about the process that led to their creation and design.
Bonus Clip: Voicing Evil Minions
- A Gru-Some Transformation—A sit-down with Steve Carell as he discusses the transformation of Gru from the ultimate super-villain to super-dad and international spy.
- El Hombre Malo: The Villainy Of El Macho—Every great story needs a good villain, and Despicable Me 2 brings on the diabolico in the form of El Macho! Learn about the creation of this character and the actor who brought him to life—Benjamin Bratt.
- Gru’s Girls—Miranda Cosgrove, Elsie Kate Fisher and Dana Gaier weigh in on working with Steve Carell and playing the daughters of a world-famous super-villain!
- Gadgets Galore—Lipstick tasers, magnet ships, foam dart dispensers and jelly guns—these are the nifty gadgets of Despicable Me 2. Illumination Entertainment pulls back the curtain on what it takes to build a world that would leave even James Bond envious.
- Feature Commentary With Directors Chris Renaud & Pierre Coffin
Despicable Me 2 Blu-ray + DVD Rating:
Despicable Me 2 is now available on Blu-ray + DVD!