Hilary Duff Biography
Birthdate: September 28, 1987
Birthdate: Houston, Texas
Hilary Duff started her career dancing with the Ballet Met Columbus. After landing a TV commercial, she was bitten by the acting bug and started to focus on that, instead of dancing. Hilary Duff snagged the role of Ellie in the 1999 TV movie, The Soul Collector. Her performance won Hilary an Artist Award for Best Supporting Actress and also helped her land more TV appearances, like a stint on the hospital drama, Chicago Hope.
Hilary Duff's breakthrough role was the part of Lizzie McGuire on the Disney Channel's hit show, Lizzie McGuire. Hilary landed the role in 2001 and the show was so popular on both Nickelodeon and ABC that they made it into a feature film. The Lizzie McGuire Movie hit theaters in May 2003 and was an instant success. Unfortunately, Hilary Duff and Disney couldn't agree on her salary or other contact issues, so Hilary left Disney to do other things. The Lizzie McGuire Show can still be seen in reruns.
A Cinderella Story
Since Lizzie McGuire, Hilary Duff has been unstoppable. She's launched her own clothing line (Stuff by Duff), landed several roles in movies like Agent Cody Banks, A Cinderella Story and The Perfect Man, and has topped the charts with her catchy tunes. In August 2006, you can catch both Hilary and her sister Haylie in the new flick, Material Girls - they even covered Madonna's track Material Girl for the movie's soundtrack.
Hilary Duff - Did U Know?
- Hilary Duff dated Joel Madden of Good Charlotte.
- Hilary Duff released a new album on November 21, 2006 which will feature her new single, Play With Fire!
- Hilary Duff has released several albums including her greatest hits disc, Most Wanted.
- Hilary Duff is a spokesperson for the charity, Kids With A Cause.
- You can hear Hilary and sister Haylie on the track, Our Lips Are Sealed, from the Cinderella Story soundtrack.
- Hilary Duff has two dogs named Lil' Dog and Remington.
- In 2010, she married former professional hockey player Mike Comrie, with whom she has a son Luca.
- In February 2015, Duff filed for divorce from Comrie, citing irreconcilable differences.
Hilary Duff Says...
"I love clothes. I can't control myself. I have a huge fetish for shoes, clothes and make-up. I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to wear things over and over again."
- Check Out Stuff by Hilary Duff
- A Cinderella Story DVD Review
- Hilary Duff Most Wanted CD Review
- Hilary Duff: The Girl Can Rock DVD
- More Cool Celebrity Bios