-
x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

Akiko and the Great Wall of Trudd Book Review

Akiko and the Great Wall of Trudd Book Review - Reviewed by Kidzworld on Dec 27, 2006
( Rating: 4 Star Rating)

Akiko is a perfectly ordinary fourth grader. At least she was until she was chosen to save Prince Froptoppit from the clutches of Alia Rellapor on the planet Smoo.

Author: Mark Crilley

Akiko is a perfectly ordinary fourth grader with ordinary parents, ordinary friends and an ordinary life. At least she was until she was chosen to save Prince Froptoppit from the clutches of Alia Rellapor. Now she's an ordinary fourth grader on an extraordinary adventure on the alien planet Smoo.


The Akiko Series

Akiko and the Great Wall of Trudd is the third in the series that started with Akiko on the Planet Smoo and Akiko in the Sprubly Isles. Akiko's back with her friends - the adventurous Spucker, the brainy Mr. Beeba, the robot Gax and the mysterious floating purple thing named Poog.


A Bump in the Plan

The Great Wall of Trudd stands between them and their goal of rescuing Prince Froptoppit. On top of everything else, Akiko has to deal with a deadly stranger with a mysterious connection to her friends and a forgotten Smudko's restaurant. Akiko has to get past the wall, face the black-clad stranger and - most deadly of all - find out just what it is that goes into a Smud Burger.


The Bottom line

The adventures of Akiko are a great series of books for young readers and this one doesn't disappoint. It has action, comedy, adventure and more Smoo than you can shake a stick at. Akiko is a cool character and her buds Spuckler and Beeba are a hilarious pair. Mark Crilley, the author, does the artwork as well. You can see more of his work in the Akiko [kwlink 1988]comic books/kwlink> that come out every other month. If you're looking for a fun, quick read Akiko and the Great Wall of Trudd is perfect.


and the Great Wall of Trudd Rating: 4

Related Stories:

  • Akiko in the Sprubly Islands Book Review
  • Akiko and the Journey to Toog Book Review
  • Akiko on the Planet Smoo Book Review
  • Get the Scoop on more Book Reviews Here!
  • 0 Comments

    Related Stories

    Distant planets? Strange people? Robots, pirates and princes oh my! Fourth-grader Akiko is in for...
    F992560140718

    Do Blanket Parachutes Work?

    • No way, trust me.
    • Only on TV.
    • Not last time I tried. *ouch!*
    • Are you kidding? Not a chance.

    General In The Forums

    Tennis123
    Tennis123 posted in Debating:
    "unicornsrule626" wrote: "Tennis123" wrote: "unicornsrule626" wrote: I've already stated my opinion on this subject. I've proved through real evidence and facts that the earth is indeed flat.  Yes, it had indents and high elevation, such as mountains, but overall, it's flat. If you need an example, think of a pancake. The pancake itself is flat, but it can have bubbles (mountains) and indents (such as valleys).    I'm not here to try and change anyone's opinion, only to state my own. I’m not saying this as an insult, but you’re delusional with this. Because it's not delusional to think your spinning on a ball through space. Do you feel like your spinning then moving through the galaxy? I don't. its not delusional to actually think thats a good point? its like you've never understood a single thing in science class
    reply 26 minutes
    -Oracle-
    -Oracle- posted in Debating:
    "iamalive" wrote: "-Oracle-" wrote: Depends on how well they can make sandwiches. hoh that was edgy Did I also mention how i'm a part-time raging feminist and a certified wiccan on the weekend?
    reply 29 minutes
    Fire667
    Fire667 posted in Debating:
    "unicornsrule626" wrote: "Fire667" wrote: "unicornsrule626" wrote: I've already stated my opinion on this subject. I've proved through real evidence and facts that the earth is indeed flat.  Yes, it had indents and high elevation, such as mountains, but overall, it's flat. If you need an example, think of a pancake. The pancake itself is flat, but it can have bubbles (mountains) and indents (such as valleys).    I'm not here to try and change anyone's opinion, only to state my own. This isn't about opinions the earth is spherical and that's a fact. Countless evidence proves this and if you don't believe that evidence then you your self should leave your home and travel as far in one direction as you can go you will not meet a end. I said opinion so I didn't get attacked. I know the earth is flat. All the 'evidence' comes from NASA and the government, both of which have lied to us countless times. Just because the earth is flat doesn't mean there has to be an edge. Go drive to a beach or look up 'ocean' on google.  The horizon is flat and doesn't bend at all. How is that possible on a ball earth? Do you know what a circle is mathematically made up of. An infinite amount of lines. Its just the same concept with a sphere but with depth. Also earth is not a perfect sphere in any case your own argument about geographical locations such as hills and moutians. You fail to mention valleys and parts of the earth that are below sea level. The ocean itself appears flat because it's surface is. If you had a dome and placed walls around it. Filled it with water the surface would be flat because of cohesion water molecules stick together. Below sea level the water goes down for miles before reaching the surface of a curved earth. Which if we follow through on our example would be the dome. The ocean floor slants up creating our walls. The surface is flat
    reply 34 minutes
    Fire667
    Fire667 posted in Debating:
    No not all facts about the earth comes from the government or nasa. Any non profit organization that studies the universe or astrology at all could tell you every planet is spherical. Anyone with a telescope can tell you that the sun is one as well. The very season's explain how we revolve around the sun on an axis. If We didn't them there wouldn't be a hemisphere. Its to the point where you are ignoring facts. You said opinion and you were correct not because you didn't want to get attacked but because that's all you have. How do you explain why the earth holds together. It would be impossible without the immense gravity generated by its sheer size and the fact it has a core. If it was flat we wouldn't even have gravity oceans would spill off the edge and empty into space leaving a vast desert. Your claims make no sense and I suggest you listen in science class for now on
    reply 41 minutes
    Fire667
    Fire667 posted in Debating:
    "slaughter" wrote: "Fire667" wrote: First I want to point out the irony of your name being slaughter.    Second, I want to applaud you on using the go to facts that everyone who supports you point of view would use.    Third, I want to point out that human life is precious, and that's why extreme measures have to be taken in order to maintain that mentality. The worst criminals in America don't commit crimes they do the very thing you accuse capital punish ment does. No worse capital punishment doesn't kill children. Doesn't torture people commit atrocitys against human nature. We don't need to waste money on people who don't care about who They hurt. Sure we spend millions on trials but, that is to insure they are not killed unless necessary. Which would cause the system to be exactly what you say it is. The sadist put on trial love every second of the pain they cause. Do you think people like this deserve to live.    Living inside a prison isn't life at all. Nothing is precious about staring at a concrete ceiling all day knowing that you killed people. That there is the easy way out. Sadist and psychopaths who deserve what capital punishment deems worthy don't feel sorry for what they did. When they escape capital punishment they laugh in their cells knowing they got away with their crimes. They are a waste of space living in a paid for box with good in their bellies that American tax payers give them. When you take another human beings life. A child's who could have grown up and changed this world for the better. Had a loving family, and lives a well enough and as you say precious life. Then the person who took that away shouldnt live a useless life doing nothing and never truly paying for their crimes.  Haha yes my username but I'm a pacifist for sure. Those extreme measures that are taken just proves that we actually aren't progressing as a society. That doesn't maintain mentality though because It's murdering people for what they've done. That's not good mentality because death is never okay under any circumstance. Many people ##### #### ## #### where murder is allowed. Killing someone doesn't make anything better It doesn't bring back lives or restore what they've done. It makes things better for people for a little while and It may seem like justice when the criminal has been executed but it brings short time happiness and doesn't actually do anything. Yeah it's one less criminal to worry about when you've killed them but It's somebodies life and they will die eventually. Just let them live a little longer, It's not that hard. They have done wrong in the world but they still have their human rights. Exactly, we don't need to waste money on people who don't care about who they hurt. So why use the very expensive capital punishment?. Sadists have a personality disorder. Everyone deserves to live. Living inside a prison isn't a great lifestyle. People try to avoid for a reason but some people just can't help but do wrong. Those that do wrong get sent to prison and they deserve to stay there. They deserve to spend a lot of time thinking about what they've done and If they have no remorse about what they've done then they have a very different way of thinking. It's not an easy way out  if you're living in a jail cell. Prison is very tough and It is a hard way of living. Your freedom is practically taken away from you because you're constantly under surveillance. Psychopaths are people that suffer from different personality disorders. It's easy for you to make a judgement on psychopaths because you will never understand their state of mind unless you are one of them and I'm not saying all psychopaths are the same but their brains are definitely wired differently. They took away a childs life knowing that they will never grow up and do good in the world, something they couldn't do. They will always be known as someone that could never do good and they will always have a  bad reputation. That doesn't mean we should kill them though. They did prevent that child from growing up but what If that criminal has a really bad mental illness or they actually feel remorse from what they did and want to change for the better?. Putting the criminal to death means they really won't pay for their crimes because they are just getting killed, just like they killed the child. Maybe that criminal really craves death after killing the child, It's better to give them the opposite of what they want. I dont think you under stand the meaning of a psychopath. They are unable to feel remorse. No many very and some do fall in the line of Pyschopath because we don't have a term for them. We can't under stand them? Its as easy to understand them as for anyone in the world to try and walk in a sane persons shoes. I'm not saying because they are psychopaths we should kill them. Their condition doesn't effect personality it effects moral development. Sitting inside a cell doesn't change a thing about them, but this debate isn't about psychopaths or how well the capital punishment punishes its about its effectiveness. I commend your arguments and do indeed say that there is no proof that it works in deterring crime. Other than that I would say we could go back and forth between others opinions but id rather not. Have a beautiful day and hope to debate on a different subject in the future
    reply about 1 hour