Star Wars Miniatures: Champions of the Force Set Review
The Star Wars Miniatures game of strategy battles in the Star Wars universe[/kwlink] just had a horde of Jedi and Sith join the fighting with the new Champions of the Force set! It has 60 new figs, including some of the greatest heroes and villains from the Star Wars movies and more. You can check out the basics of the game in right here - now here's our review of this new set.
Heroes, Villains and More in the Champions of the Sith Set
There are 25 figs with Lightsabers in this set, including a new Darth Maul, the clones from Republic Commando, villains from SW: KOTOR I & II and a lot of Jedi and Sith from other Star Wars video games, books and comics! Check the link below for a complete list of every fig in the set, plus the 411 on a few of the coolest ones.
- Champions of the Force complete set list.
Champions of the Force - Jedi Master or Sith Stinker?
While Champions of the Force has a lot of powerful Jedi and Sith, the coolest figs are the ones that power up teams. Wookies and Clone Troopers get big boosts, which is great because you can get hordes of them easily from game stores. The only problems are that Sith teams are weak without the uber-powerful Sith Lords, and all the new factions make it hard for new players to build strong teams without grabbing figs from other sets.
Star Wars Miniatures: Champions of the Force - Top 5 Figures
- Jedi Sentinel - 17 points for a Lightsaber, ranged attack and tons of abilities.
- Darth Bane - 82 points of smashy-smashyhat's easy for new players to use.
- Mas Amedda - 8 points for an ability that powers up Commander Effects.
- Jedi Weapon Master - 29 points of mad Lightsaber combat skills!
- Clone Commanders - Give Clone Trooper squads a boost with these figs.
Star Wars Miniatures: Champions of the Force - Bottom 5 Figures
- Octuptarra Droid - 31 points for 16 Defense and 40 Hit Points? Lame!
- Dark Side Enforcer - 26 points, no Lightsaber and no Force powers.
- Dark Trooper Phase I - Low HP and Defense on a melee-only droid. No wonder they made Phase II and Phase III models...
- Hoth Trooper with Atgar Cannon - 15 points of slow and fragile. Yay!
- Mandalorians - They aren't in the set, even though Ulic Qel-Droma is.
Champions of the Force Thumbs Up:
- Darth Bane = huge, easy to use, Sith warrior!
- Lots of combos for Clone Trooper teams.
- Lots of powerful Jedi and Sith.
- Awesome figs for powering-up teams.
- They fixed Qui-Gon Jinn's eyes!
Champions of the Force Thumbs Down:
- Too many factions for new players.
- Sith teams are hard to build.
Champions of the Force Set Rating: [rating]
Age: 12 and up.
Price Range: [rating][/rating][/rating]
Price Range Legend
$60+ = [rating]
- [kwlink]Star Wars Miniatures: Rebel Storm Game Review[/kwlink]
- [kwlink]Star Wars Miniatures Clone Strike Expansion Review[/kwlink]
- [kwlink]Star Wars Miniatures: Revenge of the Sith Set Review[/kwlink]
- [kwlink]Star Wars Miniatures: Universe Huge Set Review[/kwlink]
- Get More Awesome Toy Reviews Here!