Comments

Bug in the Ear

We've all heard stories about bugs crawling into people's ears and staying there. Find out what happened to John Hanning Speke after a beetle crawled in his ear and he couldn't get it out. Back to Article

donnabug13
donnabug13 wrote:
2013-07-26 10:28:35 -0700

Ummmmm no comment o.o

genebee66
genebee66 wrote:
2012-08-01 12:19:40 -0700

this boy had a bug in his ear it laied eggs total gross

Steph.loves.youu
Steph.loves.youu wrote:
2012-04-14 19:44:33 -0700

Ewwww!!! And ouch cuz that must've hurt!!!

Jayla S.
Jayla S. wrote:
2012-02-04 13:36:53 -0800

omg

lil nanny
lil nanny wrote:
2012-02-03 19:28:59 -0800

that is nasty

Jessitherocker1
Jessitherocker1 wrote:
2012-02-03 15:43:25 -0800

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoveMe-HateMe234
LoveMe-HateMe234 wrote:
2012-01-31 19:34:08 -0800

I have to check my my ear every mornting now as madea be sayin

yolani1050
yolani1050 wrote:
2012-01-31 16:57:42 -0800

when i was little that happened to me Frown

basketballlover714
basketballlover714 wrote:
2012-01-31 16:30:13 -0800

Gross!!!!1

GeekChic
GeekChic wrote:
2012-01-30 17:55:00 -0800

omg that was the grosses thing ever now im gonna go check my ear !!!!

dark_angel122
dark_angel122 wrote:
2012-01-30 13:55:39 -0800

this is gross!! i hate bugs!!!

aiyanacute101
aiyanacute101 wrote:
2012-01-30 13:42:17 -0800

Gross y did I click this maybe cause the name luv the title . Big Grin

Storm1232
Storm1232 wrote:
2012-01-30 13:34:19 -0800

I believe it, and I'm more amazed then grossed out...

Libbyh15
Libbyh15 wrote:
2012-01-30 13:32:26 -0800

this is making me freak and scratch and twitch Big Grin

iamalive
iamalive wrote:
2012-01-30 13:31:12 -0800

Isn't this story... Disturbing?

umbreon2000
umbreon2000 wrote:
2012-01-30 13:24:01 -0800

um....EW! but at least he didn't say anything stupid like "it crawled into my brain"

Jellybean12309
Jellybean12309 wrote:
2012-01-30 13:03:54 -0800

Gross

Devil Jin_Evil
Devil Jin_Evil wrote:
2012-01-30 08:28:08 -0800

Wow, if that was really true, that would suck

makeitshine1234
makeitshine1234 wrote:
2012-01-30 07:56:27 -0800

eeewwwwwwwwwwwwww

nicole273
nicole273 wrote:
2012-01-30 07:19:10 -0800

Ewwwwwwwewww

Did John Really Have a Beetle Crawl in His Ear?

• I don't know.

Micro_cartoonbug-pre
While most bug bites and stings are just a tiny bit painful, itchy or annoying, there are some in...
Micro_bugs-micro
For the first time ever, Flik and his ant allies are marching onto Disney Blu-ray Hi-Def! Follow ...
Avon, an unworldly snail, and his best friend, Edward the ant, leave their homes in search of the...

Random in the forums

Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "Vampire Poison" wrote: I'm not exactly sure about this one, I do feel like we should have the death penalty, and then again, I think it's cruel. I believe that it depends on the kind of person and what their crime is. I would feel a lot safer if a person who was a serial killer wasn't around anymore. Again, the Anders Breivik case is a great example of a country treating a mass murderer like a human being rather than a monster (after all, we are a little bit old to be believing in monsters).  So...after reading up on him, I'm very surprised.  He was the Taliban's Taliban.  But he's twisted. He should not of been deemed sane. He should be spending the rest of his days in Solitary Confinement.  Would locking this man in a small space and letting his mind corrode even further really service anyone? Would you or I actually be better off? Do you think the victims' families will be safer at night knowing we've crushed the psyche of a murderer?  Being in prison is good enough, and he'll stay in prison as long as he's a threat, I see no reason that we need to torture him (and that is exactly what indefinite solitary confinement is), other than to satisfy our primal desires. This is why I consider this such a progressive decision. Treating even mass murderers like human beings who still have potential value is progress.  Crushing his psyche is more humane then killing the man. And at this point, he's not going to be much good to society.  Not every psychopathic murderer can come back to be a good citizen. Should he get a shrink? Of course. But if he's deemed "broken beyond repair" I don't see why we should let him be among others, so that he can either be martyr'd for his beliefs in jail or kill a Muslim who is in the prison, or spread his message to to others.  The compromise is that we need to have a volley of psychological tests to determine if they could be fixed (And yes, i know it's not that simple...but its better then letting EVERY SINGLE PSYCHOPATH in a regular prison) and use those tests to place them either in a regular prison, or have a makeshift Arkham Asylum, or solitary confinement.  I think you're confusing high-security and solitary confinement. There is absolutely no reason to keep anybody in solitary confinement indefinitely. We do not need to kill him, or crush his psyche, we have other options. IF he is still deemed unsafe, they can deal with him as they see fit. Obviously if he presents an active danger to other inmates, he should be kept away, but I seriously question the idea that we should preemptively punish him for things he hasn't actually done yet. I don't disagree that it's a case-by-case basis, obviously not every murderer can be reintegrated into society, but if there's even one, don't you think we should give him that opportunity? I think we should start by assuming that every one can be rehabilitated (which obviously won't happen), and then narrow it down from there, not the other way around. Prison is not about making people uncomfortable, it should be about keeping society safe, and about reintegrating violent criminals into a safe society.
Fenmore
Fenmore posted in Say Anything:
potato
WizardMorgan
COOKIES  :)
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Say Anything:
Store bought posters, be swaggin in dat room yo.
Macbarbie09
Macbarbie09 posted in General:
Welcome to my August faves! Here are some of my Fave things in August: Song: Dancing Queen- ABBA!! That song is so Awesome!! Rude- Magic!!!  Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know im Human too? Food: Ice Cream! Game: Pokemon X!! Show: How i met your mother what are some of your faves from August??