2001 Biggest X Moments
1. Tony Hawk's Gigantic Skatepark Tour - Tony Hawk and his friends, including Mat Hoffman and Bucky Lasek, spent the spring and summer touring skateparks around North America and Europe so fans could see the sessions from the best skaters and BMX-men around.
2. Tony Hawk's Skate Free Day - Tony treats skateboard and gaming fans to a free day of skating at 36 skateparks in the United States. Fans are given a free pass to the parks as part of a promotion for Tony's sick new video game, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3.
3. The Streets of Philadelphia - Street Skateboarding became an X Games event in 2001. Riders sessioned on the natural obstacles of the downtown streets of Philadelphia. Most kids learn to skate on the street so it was about time they made it an event.
4. X Gaming - For the first time, playing video games was also an event at the X Games. Andrew Lerner of New York won the X Gamers Challenge for his series of virtual ollies and tailgrabs in X Games Skateboarding for the PlayStation 2.
5. Xbox - Microsoft lauched the wicked new video game system.
6. Barret's Big Air - Barrett Christy won the silver in the Snowboarding Big Air event at the Winter X Games. It gave Barrett more medals than any other boarder in Winter X history.
7. Snowdecks - The skateboard for the snow became the latest X toy to hit the market.
8. Slam City Jam - Bob Burnquist wins the vert title at the Slam City Jam in Vancouver, BC, Canada. He sets a record for points in a vert event and calls the run the best one of his career.
9. Kids Rock - Dallas Friday, Froggy Soven and Ryan Sheckler prove the future of X lies with kids.
10. Hoffman Drops - Mat Hoffman flew 26.5 feet in the air off a quarter pipe on a BMX to break his own high air world record.
What was your favorite X moment of 2001? to Kidzworld.