Ryan Sheckler Biography
Birthdate: December 30, 1989
Birthplace: San Clemente, California
Ryan Sheckler, (aka. Shecks or Shecky) is gunning for legendary status in the World of Skateboarding. He wants to be “the greatest” . But in skateboarding, it’s hard to compare the greats from each other. Tony Hawk will always be the “Godfather” of skateboarding, but Ryan has all the talents and potential to be just as good.
Ryan was born SoCal. That means he was born and raised in Southern California. He was raised in San Clemente, the city where surfing erupted in the 60s, which eventually fueled the birth and life of skateboarding. Ryan’s dad was a surfer and had a huge influence on Ryan. Ryan got to try out his skateboards when he was only 1 year old and he grew up in a house with it’s own half pipe.
By the age of 13, Ryan had already taken the stage of the Skateboarding. Here’s a list of the competitions that Ryan entered and placed high enough to make him turn Pro:
- Vans Warped Tour
- US Open of Skateboarding
- State Champion
- Gravity Games
- Jockey Core Tour
- Slam City Jam
- Tampa Am
Pro Tour Triumph
Ryan turned Pro in 2003 and his sponsors toured him all over the World. Ryan’s legendary status was starting to begin when he achieved the following titles:
- 2nd Scandinavian Open
- 1st Slam City Jam
- 1st Vans Triple Crown Street Comp
- 1st Gravity Games
- Gold medal - X-Games (Flawless Performance)
- Action Sport Tour – 2005 Athlete of the Year
- Street Champion – World Cup
- Athlete of the Year – Arby’s Action Sports
- Action Sport Tour - Park Champion 2005 - 2007 (3 years in a row)
- X Games - Gold
- 1st Place - Thrasher’s Bust or Bail (Ryan’s most proud achievement)
When Ryan turned 18 in 2007, he moved out of his parent’s home and now lives the “Rock Star” life that most famous celebrities live. MTV has made a reality show about him called the “Life of Ryan” that shows Ryan’s professional and personal life. He is constantly looking for new challenges in the skateboarding world, but he also parties a lot. He has some good mentors and hopefully they keep him out of the pressures of stardom like drugs and alcohol, so that he can pursue his dreams of becoming a legend. His next goal is to become Thrasher’s Skater of the Year
Did U Know?
- Ryan Sheckler enjoys snowboarding and surfing.
- Ryan Sheckler's favorite musical artists are Guns and Roses and The Cure.
- Ryan Sheckler enjoys riding on his Yamaha YZ85 dirt bike.
- Ryan Sheckler is sponsored by Etnies, Volcom, Oakley, Red Bull, Plan B and Panasonic.
- Ryan Sheckler's nickname is "Shecks".
- Ryan Sheckler is 5'8".
- Ryan Sheckler's favorite movie is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
- Ryan Sheckler has two brothers, Shane and Kane.
- Ryan Sheckler's favorite subject in school is science.
Ryan Sheckler Says...
"I want to thank my family for always being there for me, my sponsors, but most of all my fans. I realize now, more than ever that I wouldn't be where I am today with out them. Thank you to all!"