Comments

Winter Solstice

Winter solstice is the first day of winter. Check out all the celebrations that take place on the shortest day of the year! Back to Article

brunostar
brunostar wrote:
2013-12-21 10:36:15 -0800

Dear Aydee, snow is amazing and fun, but it's too cold, and i hate winter, and you don't be a meanie bo beanie either Shout
Love Alicia.

YouWillRememberMe-
YouWillRememberMe- wrote:
2013-12-21 10:32:58 -0800

Dear Alicia, snow is amazing and fun, don't be a meanie. Also u suck (:
Love aydee.

brunostar
brunostar wrote:
2013-12-21 10:30:54 -0800

lets get back on topic v.v
snow
dear snow,
i hate you, okay?
don't feel offended, but you're horrible

YouWillRememberMe-
YouWillRememberMe- wrote:
2013-12-21 10:28:54 -0800

I made a typo once and It got me banned from chat for 5 hours! smile #Gottalovethefilter

wolfiegal
wolfiegal wrote:
2013-12-21 10:25:21 -0800

o_O

brunostar
brunostar wrote:
2013-12-21 10:23:45 -0800

the first thing i notice is swears and typos v.v

YouWillRememberMe-
YouWillRememberMe- wrote:
2013-12-21 10:20:37 -0800

Cat my bby, come here and give me a hug! ;*

classicalmusicisepic

wolfiegal wrote:
2013-12-21 10:18:36 -0800

Yus it dos (:

YouWillRememberMe-
YouWillRememberMe- wrote:
2013-12-21 10:18:11 -0800

Well teh filter sucks! cx

wolfiegal

brunostar wrote:
2013-12-21 10:15:27 -0800

i screenshotted it Wink

YouWillRememberMe-
YouWillRememberMe- wrote:
2013-12-21 10:14:18 -0800

Oh gawd, only you can notice that Alicia xD

brunostar
brunostar wrote:
2013-12-21 10:12:31 -0800

omg aydee XD because the comment box cuts some things off, it looks like you swore

YouWillRememberMe-
YouWillRememberMe- wrote:
2013-12-21 10:11:25 -0800

Dear Kidzworld,
Stop trying to teach me stuff when it's the holidays!

Lots of love Aydee!
Ps. cool article! (:

Which is NOT True of Winter Solstice?

• Due to global warming, there will not be a winter solstice in 2014.
  • When it is winter solstice in the Northern hemisphere, it is summer solstice in the Southern.
  • There is no sunlight in the North Pole during the winter solstice.
  • Evidence of winter solstice rituals exists around the world.

Micro_frozen-micro
Disney’s animated musical film Frozen is fun, thoughtful and beautifully-made. Check out our Kidz...
Micro_sled-micro
Sledding (or tobogganing) is a beloved winter pastime for lots of people, especially if you live ...
Micro_micro-snowglobe
The holidays are here! Now is the time to get presents for the ones you love. Not all presents ha...
Micro_beautiful_skin_micro
Winter can be harsh on your skin, making it dry, itchy, red, and worse. Protect and heal your ski...
Micro_december-micro
There are a ton of holidays to celebrate in the month of December - that's why it's known as the ...

Random in the forums

woahitskar
woahitskar posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: Right, I'm obligated to sign up for the draft, and you couldn't even if you wanted to. Then again, women couldn't own and manage land while married until 1718....and it wasn't national until around 1850. You should probably specify where, because the place where I live wasn't even colonized yet in 1718.  Providence of Pennsylvania. However most states didn't accept it until around 1840-50. Maryland had achieved statehood in 1788, but it took them until 1841 to legalize married women to own property, and even them they had no control over the property. This is the case for many states. Face it, early America treated women as property....she was right on that part. But that's all changed. I'm not denying it. I was merely suggesting that you should specify where. Of course, in all the dates you've listed so far, men were also to be bought and sold as property in the U.S. in the states that would become the Confederacy. I would say that their treatment as property was much harsher than that of women in many cases, but yes, of course both men and women have been treated as property by the law in the past, and still are in many places today.    American Slavery didn't discriminate between genders. And for women, it was the same for blacks and whites. Also, pinning slavery and the confederacy together? I thought you knew more about the topic. But that's another debate.
reply 1 minute
american_brit
american_brit posted in Debating:
"arthi" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "american_brit" wrote: "Pokemaster235" wrote: YES! WE women have been neglected for too long!!! I wouldn't necessarily say that. The fight for women's rights has gone on and those for feminist  rights seem to have won. Sure, there is no way to fully promote equal rights, but when it comes to women's place in society -at least in places such as the United States and European countries and in many other regions- it's been on a more leveled playing field with men.  So here? Here where I am? I'm satisfied. I don't believe that women's rights have been neglected. In some ways, they're held above those of men. But out there? Beyond the borders of my "humble" dwelling, there are some problems. Women are abused and seen as lesser. (I'm trying to put this in nicer terms. I don't think it's working... :/)  I think we need to work on fixing those, instead of complaining about how we're deprived as our rights. Because honestly? We have no idea how bad it is.  Sorry,  I went on a mini tangent.  I think your tangent was very good. You seem to have a pretty solid grasp of the situation, and you also are capable of expressing it well. Great post, great job. Agreed. Thanks guys (:
-Gwen42--
-Gwen42-- posted in General:
Gwen. (My name.)
woahitskar
woahitskar posted in General:
Fiona.
wicked13
wicked13 posted in General:
sorry.... but you don't. . . . I do (again)