Comments

Australia Fun Facts

January 26 is Australia Day! Here's some interesting facts about the smallest continent in the world. Back to Article

fullmoontina
fullmoontina wrote:
2014-04-01 08:29:02 -0700

I want to go aus

purplepanda234
purplepanda234 wrote:
2014-04-01 04:03:52 -0700

U r so lucky to live in Australia!!

LollipopR
LollipopR wrote:
2014-03-31 01:57:27 -0700

I love living in Australia!!! smile

squirky
squirky wrote:
2014-01-19 07:52:46 -0800

i like that place my cousins are from aus

Shadeleaf
Shadeleaf wrote:
2013-12-06 11:35:45 -0800

Fun fact: Perry the Platypus is native here lol

directioner_4lyfe
directioner_4lyfe wrote:
2013-09-13 13:06:35 -0700

i really want to go to Hawaii

directioner_4lyfe

AwesomeTiger wrote:
2013-06-24 06:55:49 -0700

hiiiiiiiiiiiiii

lottie01
lottie01 wrote:
2013-06-09 00:40:02 -0700

Australia Is a fun place to be i have been there its really good! Big Grin

vivianha102
vivianha102 wrote:
2013-06-03 19:59:57 -0700

Mom has Australian friend

Gupi1999
Gupi1999 wrote:
2013-05-25 20:12:46 -0700

They are NOT called Koala Bears by any Australian

iamalive
iamalive wrote:
2013-05-24 12:06:34 -0700

g'day mate xD
I'd love to see a kangaroo.

AlphaT
AlphaT wrote:
2013-05-14 19:42:11 -0700

Thought it was older

Sparks30122
Sparks30122 wrote:
2013-05-13 20:20:08 -0700

Australia is SO COOL

Nemo-poll

What's the Reef in Finding Nemo?

• The Walt Disney Reef.
  • The Great Barrier Reef.
  • The Mid Atlantic Reef.
  • The Florida Reef.

Micro_rebel-wilson-micro
Awesome Aussie Rebel Wilson is an actress, comedian and writer, getting her start on TV and event...
Micro_chrishemsworthbio-micro
Everyone adored Liam Hemsworth for his roles in The Last Song and The Hunger Games. But now his b...
Micro_january-holiday-micro
Happy New Year! It’s January, which means the beginning of the 12 months that will make up the ye...
Micro_family literacy day_micro
Every year, Canadians celebrate Family Literacy Day on January 27. It was created by ABC CANADA L...
Micro_martin-luther-king-jr-micro
The third Monday in January is dedicated to Martin Luther King, Jr. Do you know why this man is s...

Random in the forums

Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "Vampire Poison" wrote: I'm not exactly sure about this one, I do feel like we should have the death penalty, and then again, I think it's cruel. I believe that it depends on the kind of person and what their crime is. I would feel a lot safer if a person who was a serial killer wasn't around anymore. Again, the Anders Breivik case is a great example of a country treating a mass murderer like a human being rather than a monster (after all, we are a little bit old to be believing in monsters).  So...after reading up on him, I'm very surprised.  He was the Taliban's Taliban.  But he's twisted. He should not of been deemed sane. He should be spending the rest of his days in Solitary Confinement.  Would locking this man in a small space and letting his mind corrode even further really service anyone? Would you or I actually be better off? Do you think the victims' families will be safer at night knowing we've crushed the psyche of a murderer?  Being in prison is good enough, and he'll stay in prison as long as he's a threat, I see no reason that we need to torture him (and that is exactly what indefinite solitary confinement is), other than to satisfy our primal desires. This is why I consider this such a progressive decision. Treating even mass murderers like human beings who still have potential value is progress.  Crushing his psyche is more humane then killing the man. And at this point, he's not going to be much good to society.  Not every psychopathic murderer can come back to be a good citizen. Should he get a shrink? Of course. But if he's deemed "broken beyond repair" I don't see why we should let him be among others, so that he can either be martyr'd for his beliefs in jail or kill a Muslim who is in the prison, or spread his message to to others.  The compromise is that we need to have a volley of psychological tests to determine if they could be fixed (And yes, i know it's not that simple...but its better then letting EVERY SINGLE PSYCHOPATH in a regular prison) and use those tests to place them either in a regular prison, or have a makeshift Arkham Asylum, or solitary confinement.  I think you're confusing high-security and solitary confinement. There is absolutely no reason to keep anybody in solitary confinement indefinitely. We do not need to kill him, or crush his psyche, we have other options. IF he is still deemed unsafe, they can deal with him as they see fit. Obviously if he presents an active danger to other inmates, he should be kept away, but I seriously question the idea that we should preemptively punish him for things he hasn't actually done yet. I don't disagree that it's a case-by-case basis, obviously not every murderer can be reintegrated into society, but if there's even one, don't you think we should give him that opportunity? I think we should start by assuming that every one can be rehabilitated (which obviously won't happen), and then narrow it down from there, not the other way around. Prison is not about making people uncomfortable, it should be about keeping society safe, and about reintegrating violent criminals into a safe society.
Fenmore
Fenmore posted in Say Anything:
potato
WizardMorgan
COOKIES  :)
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Say Anything:
Store bought posters, be swaggin in dat room yo.
Macbarbie09
Macbarbie09 posted in General:
Welcome to my August faves! Here are some of my Fave things in August: Song: Dancing Queen- ABBA!! That song is so Awesome!! Rude- Magic!!!  Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know im Human too? Food: Ice Cream! Game: Pokemon X!! Show: How i met your mother what are some of your faves from August??