-
x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends
Kidzworld Logo

Buster’s Sweet Tooth

Apr 13, 2009

A sweet-toothed dog that wolfed down 12 Cadbury Creme Eggs in one sitting has sparked new warnings for owners to keep their Easter treats out of their pets' reach. A yellow Labrador retriever named Buster ended up in intensive care with chocolate poisoning after sniffing out the chocolate eggs at his home.

Chocolate contains a chemical called theobromine, which can be REALLY dangerous for dogs.

Luckily, Buster made a full recovery, but vets say it shows the importance of not sharing your chocolate with pets.

Giving dogs even a small piece of chocolate can cause them to be really sick. They could get a tummy ache or, even worse, they could die.

Cadbury Creme EggsCadbury Creme Eggs

Dark chocolate is even worse, as it contains higher amounts of theobromine.

If your pooch just can't keep his or her paws of the chocolate, try giving him or her special dog treats that taste like chocolate but don't contain theobromine (check your local pet store or ask your vet).

As for Buster, it seems he still hasn't learned his lesson. His owner, Brenda Dawes, says, "He's already tried to eat a bag of chips and a roll of toilet paper since he's been home from the vet. I'll have to keep a close eye on him from now to keep him out of trouble."

Related Links:

 

4 Comments

Related Stories

Micro_halloween-chocolate-bars-micro
Ah … some chocolate never goes out of style! From – these are the Halloween treats ...
Who doesn't love Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory? Kidzworld has some great clips from the...
Think you'll break out or lose all your teeth if you eat too much chocolate? Kidzworld is here to...
F1025740380937

Bow Wow's Doggy Bag Contents. Pick!

  • My digits!
  • Lots and lots of Hershey Kisses!
  • Scooby Doo doggy snack.
  • Me : ) !!!

Dear Dish-It In The Forums

rainbowpoptart
rainbowpoptart posted in Style:
Hello Amelia! Fellow natural ginger here. Your hair is a gorgeous colour and I don't blame your parents for not wanting you to dye it. How about the dye only be temporary? It won't stay on forever, so you'll have your cool rainbow colours and still have your natural colour. I do need to warn you, though, don't dye your hair too much. It's not good for your scalp. Good luck. :)
reply about 9 hours
Pink_Cool_Girl
Pink_Cool_Girl posted in Style:
They know what is best for you. But if you really wanna dye your hair, you should compromise with them. Like for instance: tell them you can dye the bottom of your hair the color, and then when you get older, you could maybe dye a little more, and so on. But your parents know what's best for you, and they want you to look presentable.                       ~PCG :)
reply about 10 hours
PaytonTehPanda
PaytonTehPanda posted in Style:
Hello players of KidzWorld! I am Amelia, feel free to call me Payton or whatever you'd like! So, let us jump right into this! :D -=+=- I have natural ginger hair and really, REALLY strict parents. I would like to dye my hair this blue color called "Atomic Turquoise" by Maniac Panic :) However, my parents don't want me to dye my hair as they think that these colors look "trashy". Girls whom I know, have dyed hair. One of them even has piercings I want. Another has had her hair every color of the rainbow and more! So, my parents are very strict and quite... I don't even know. They won't allow me to do anything really... Does anyone have anything I can use to have my parents allow me to dye my hair? Thank you! :D <3 ~Payton
reply about 10 hours
donteatcarrots
donteatcarrots posted in Style:
lisp or not, i'm sure you're a nice person. i don't even know if you can get rid of this lisp- maybe practice speaking at home, try different movements with your lips or mouth, i don't know. don't let a lisp make you less confident, that doesn't change anything about you as a person. be yourself and be confident.
reply 1 day
Ezma
Ezma posted in Style:
Dear Dish it, Im already a grown teen but I don't think I am that easy to get along whem meeting new friends in school. And I think its because I lose my confidence cause I got some speech defect which called lisp. I often sometimes looks weird when theyre talking to me and It really affects me. What should I do? I have read and tried all the practice and therapy I read in the internet for a year but it doesnt make a change. I hope you help me
reply 2 days