Comments

Celebrate Earth Day

Most of us have good intentions when it comes to the environment. But when Earth Day comes around, how many people actually do something special to honour, celebrate and protect the world? Back to Article

Cruz72
Cruz72 wrote:
2014-04-23 08:18:33 -0700

Happy earth day everyone ...... Big Grin

BookwormKat
BookwormKat wrote:
2014-04-21 18:15:06 -0700

I always checkout the 2nd hand stores before I go anywhere else for clothes. You can get some great finds! smile

miz-wolf1
miz-wolf1 wrote:
2014-04-19 10:34:54 -0700

i think i am going to try to use as little energy-eating stuff(lights, computers...)as possible. Go earth day

MissAngel
MissAngel wrote:
2014-04-04 08:58:49 -0700

My earth is best ! My motherland My earth.

JennyD
JennyD wrote:
2013-08-31 11:45:10 -0700

nice!!

dulce04
dulce04 wrote:
2013-04-27 21:26:22 -0700

im my school we went to pick up trash and we spend the day wetting my teachers and all the students it ws the best day ever smile

swimmer01
swimmer01 wrote:
2013-04-22 09:30:14 -0700

I am gonna pick up all the pop cans on my way home from school today. People are just lazy when they throw them away and don't put them in a trash container, or better yet - return them to recycling.

flora one
flora one wrote:
2013-04-20 22:51:11 -0700

In my school we celebrate earth day and we go for trip also!!!
But not in my this school in my past school!!!!!!!!
And we were enjoy!!!!!

Pitchp
Pitchp wrote:
2013-04-20 16:34:02 -0700

I love it smile

PrideInWastedYouth_2297646
PrideInWastedYouth_2297646 wrote:
2013-04-20 15:35:15 -0700

Sweet(: I use to love earth day back in elementary school.

Harley Quinn

Eliman wrote:
2013-04-19 17:49:31 -0700

So do i

lovergal15
lovergal15 wrote:
2013-04-19 15:36:40 -0700

be nice to the earth smile

partyanyx

(:Beautiful-Me wrote:
2012-04-23 06:14:03 -0700

Wink i give ☮

vrinu
vrinu wrote:
2012-04-23 00:16:23 -0700

its my bday on the same day!!!

How Will You Spend Earth Day?

• Plant flowers and trees.
  • Educate everyone about keeping our planet clean.
  • Watch movies about the outdoors and eat off recycled paper plates.
  • Clean up trash around my neighborhood.

Micro_top 10 ways to recycle-micro
Learning to recycle and waste less is important for keeping our planet green. If you care about t...
Micro_hands_holding_earth-micro
Earth Day is coming up fast! In honor of this very special day, Kidzworld wants to help all you g...
Micro_love-earth-micro
Kidzworld covers the history behind Earth Day, how it started, who started it and when. Here's th...
Even though 70 per cent of our planet is covered in water, we can only use one percent of it. Ea...

Random in the forums

Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "Vampire Poison" wrote: I'm not exactly sure about this one, I do feel like we should have the death penalty, and then again, I think it's cruel. I believe that it depends on the kind of person and what their crime is. I would feel a lot safer if a person who was a serial killer wasn't around anymore. Again, the Anders Breivik case is a great example of a country treating a mass murderer like a human being rather than a monster (after all, we are a little bit old to be believing in monsters).  So...after reading up on him, I'm very surprised.  He was the Taliban's Taliban.  But he's twisted. He should not of been deemed sane. He should be spending the rest of his days in Solitary Confinement.  Would locking this man in a small space and letting his mind corrode even further really service anyone? Would you or I actually be better off? Do you think the victims' families will be safer at night knowing we've crushed the psyche of a murderer?  Being in prison is good enough, and he'll stay in prison as long as he's a threat, I see no reason that we need to torture him (and that is exactly what indefinite solitary confinement is), other than to satisfy our primal desires. This is why I consider this such a progressive decision. Treating even mass murderers like human beings who still have potential value is progress.  Crushing his psyche is more humane then killing the man. And at this point, he's not going to be much good to society.  Not every psychopathic murderer can come back to be a good citizen. Should he get a shrink? Of course. But if he's deemed "broken beyond repair" I don't see why we should let him be among others, so that he can either be martyr'd for his beliefs in jail or kill a Muslim who is in the prison, or spread his message to to others.  The compromise is that we need to have a volley of psychological tests to determine if they could be fixed (And yes, i know it's not that simple...but its better then letting EVERY SINGLE PSYCHOPATH in a regular prison) and use those tests to place them either in a regular prison, or have a makeshift Arkham Asylum, or solitary confinement.  I think you're confusing high-security and solitary confinement. There is absolutely no reason to keep anybody in solitary confinement indefinitely. We do not need to kill him, or crush his psyche, we have other options. IF he is still deemed unsafe, they can deal with him as they see fit. Obviously if he presents an active danger to other inmates, he should be kept away, but I seriously question the idea that we should preemptively punish him for things he hasn't actually done yet. I don't disagree that it's a case-by-case basis, obviously not every murderer can be reintegrated into society, but if there's even one, don't you think we should give him that opportunity? I think we should start by assuming that every one can be rehabilitated (which obviously won't happen), and then narrow it down from there, not the other way around. Prison is not about making people uncomfortable, it should be about keeping society safe, and about reintegrating violent criminals into a safe society.
Fenmore
Fenmore posted in Say Anything:
potato
WizardMorgan
COOKIES  :)
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Say Anything:
Store bought posters, be swaggin in dat room yo.
Macbarbie09
Macbarbie09 posted in General:
Welcome to my August faves! Here are some of my Fave things in August: Song: Dancing Queen- ABBA!! That song is so Awesome!! Rude- Magic!!!  Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know im Human too? Food: Ice Cream! Game: Pokemon X!! Show: How i met your mother what are some of your faves from August??