Travis Pastrana Biography
Kidzworld has pictures and a biography of world class motocross rider, Travis Pastrana.
Birthdate: October 8, 1983
Birthplace: Annapolis, Maryland
Can you say overachiever? By the time Travis Pastrana was 15, he had a high school diploma and an X Games gold medal. Aside from motocross, Travis also competes in supercross and rally racing.
Travis Pastrana - Growing Up
Travis began riding motorbikes when he was just four years old. His first bike was a one-speed Honda Z-50 which his dad showed him how to ride near their home in Maryland. Since then, he's become one of the most daring and entertaining motocross riders on the planet. When he was just 14, Travis became the youngest World Freestyle Motocross Champion. A year later, he took home a gold medal at both the X Games and the Gravity Games.
Travis Pastrana - Accomplishments
Aside from Travis' accomplishments as a freestyle motocross rider, he has made his mark on several other sports. On top of winning the AMA Rookie of the Year award in 2000, he also won two supercross championships - the AMA 125cc National Championship in 2000 and the 125cc East Coast Supercross Championship in 2001. In 2003, Travis started a rally racing career. He won the gold medal in the Rally Car competition at the 2006 X Games.
Travis Pastrana - Tricks
Travis Pastrana is known for coming up with some of the most innovative and dangerous stunts around. His signature move is a one-hand fender grab superman indian air. If you think that's difficult to say, it's even tougher to land without breaking several bones. While in mid-air, Travis scissor-kicks his legs straight back. He keeps one hand on the handle bars while his other hand reaches for the rear fender. In the 2006 X Games, Travis was the first rider to land a double backflip in competition. He moved on to win the Moto X Best Trick Gold Medal grabbing up a 98.60 out of a possible 100.
Travis Pastrana - Did U Know?
- Travis Pastrana is 6'2" and weighs 195 lbs.
- Travis Pastrana's hobbies include golf, boating and mountain biking.
- Travis Pastrana maintained a 3.9 grade point average in high school. He graduated at the age of 15 before enrolling at the University of Maryland.
- Travis Pastrana was featured on the MTV show Punk'd.
- Travis Pastrana has suffered a lot of injuries over the years. He has torn his ACL, broken a lot of bones and has had an astonishing 19 surgeries!
- Travis Pastrana has appeared in over two dozen DVDs for motocross and supercross.
Travis Pastrana Says...
"My strengths and weaknesses are the same: I've got the willingness and stupidity to try anything. If I think it's even remotely possible, I'll do it."
- For more on Travis, and to watch videos of his biggest and badest jumps, head to his official site.
I thought that the article on Travis Pastrana was great because I am his #1 fan and I think that he is SO AWESOME!
Kidz Submit By: