Niley Timeline : Nick Jonas & Miley Cyrus’ Relationship :: 2009
We all know their names: Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers Band and Miley Cyrus of Hannah Montana fame are no strangers to any kid in the know these days – and neither is their on-again, off-again and now, apparently, on-again relationship. So what’s the whole scoop behind the couple’s romance?
- At the start of the year Miley and Nick smile at each other warmly during the Golden Globes and go on to text each other all night, sparking rumors of a Niley reconciliation in ’09.
- At the Hotel For Dogs premier Selena was asked if she was not with Nick anymore and dating again: “I’ve been shunned and I’ve been doing the dating game, and it’s my turn now.”
- Miley and Nick are caught giving each other a huge bear hug at the Kids Inaugural.
- Miley sends out a message to fans on her new videoblog: “I love Nicky, I really do love him.” She also promotes the Jonas Brothers’ new 3D concert experience movie.
- Nick seems jealous when he spots Miley dancing with another guy at the Music Cares Grammy Pre-Party.
- After the Grammy’s, Nick tells Entertainment Tonight he thought Miley did an amazing job performing her song Fifteen on the big show.
- Nick confirms with People Magazine that he’s still single. However, he talks about Miley a lot this month, dropping her name on Late Night With David Letterman, The Cohan O'Brien Show, Live With Regis & Kelly, Radio Disney and the Barbra Walters Oscar Special.
- Parts of Miley’s autobiography Miles To Go are leaked – could the chapter called Prince Charming be about Nick: “And last but not least, my prince charming … you know who you are. Thank you for inspiring me … I loved you then I love you now, & I’ll love you always.”
- Miley attends the Jonas Brothers Movie screening and after-party.
- On the Elvis Duran Radio Show Miley says there are people in her past she shouldn’t have trusted because they broke her heart.
- Nick’s parents tell AP Reporting they think he’ll be the first of their sons to marry.
- After talking about him on The View, Miley and Nick speak on the phone for a reported 45 minutes.
- Nick tells Radio Disney he wants Miley on his wiffle ball team and not Selena.
- Miley tweets on Twitter that she’s second guessing her heart.
- Miley and Nick do lunch at the Village Idiot restaurant and drive away together.
- Miley and the Jonas Brothers decide to do a music video together.
- Miley tweets that she’s not in love.
- Break-up tweets from both Miley and Justin Gaston.
- Niley spotted jet-skiing together in Savannah – a kiss is also reported to have happened.
- Miley tweets a line from a Jonas Brothers song, Inseparable: “even when were miles and miles apart you’re still holding all of my heart.”
- Star Magazine reports Miley and Nick are hanging out as much as they can and that they’ve definitely reconnected: "We've definitely reconnected. We don't know what's going to happen in the future, but right now we're just kind of kicking it and hanging out as much as we can."
- Miley and Nick team up to record a duet together called Before The Storm. Nick says: “I played it for Miley and we realized that if we just changed the lyrics a bit, we could make it more of our story, kind of share that side of us, and it could be great. So, we did. She came in and she and I sat down at the piano and just worked on lyrics a bit, tweaked it up, and it turned out great!”
- Appearing on Larry King Live, Nick’s brother may have accidentally spilled the beans of Niley’s together-again status when he responds to a question Lrry King asks about Nick's girlfriend, Miley.
Find out what happened in past years by reading Niley Timeline : Nick Jonas & Miley Cyrus’ Relationship :: 2007-2008.