Dear Dish-It, Help, I'm Pregnant
My BF of 2 years got me pregnant. I am 5 weeks pregnant. What should I do cuz I'm only 16. I need help!! Answer soon!
You need to hook up with some help ASAP. Unfortunately, I'm not the kinda help you need. How do you know you're 5 weeks pregnant? Did you take a home test or did you go to a clinic. Becuase if you've taken a home pregnancy test and that's all, you need to get yourself to a doctor. The thing about the home test is they're not really reliable. The test itself is pretty accurate... so much so that many doctors and clinics use them. But the test can give a false result when the instructions aren't followed properly. I guess what I'm trying to say is, when you're nervous you can make mistakes.
You still need to deal with this AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I know you don't want to hear this but you should talk to your parents. They are the best people in the world to help you. They love you and your knows she's got the experience... she's had babies of her own. And if you're scared that they are going to get mad, well come on you're their baby, of course they're going to react. But they still your parents and they love you and they will want to help you. If you really can't face your parents, talk to a doctor or maybe your fave teacher at school. The point is, you need an adult in your corner.
You've got another issue you need to deal with quickly. I'm guessing you had unprotected sex, which means you may have contracted an STD. Sexually Transmitted Diseases are no joke girl. AIDS is an STD. If you are old enough to have sex (and I don't think you are,) you are old enough to take responsibility for your health. Check out the list below for the 411 on your health, pregnancy and support near you.
Taking Care of Business,
- Talk to an adult. Your mom and dad are the best option in most cases. You made a mistake... don't make it worse by not talking with your 'rents. Family is about supporting each other during the hard times. Give them a chance to help you. If 'rents are totally out of the question, talk to a doctor, school nurse or teacher. You need someone who can give you direction.
- Get properly tested for pregnancy and STDs.
- Speak with a doctor (your family doctor or the local free clinics) about what the next step is.
- Get informed. Learn everything you need to know to make grown up decisions. Remember one thing when reviewing sites or talking to someone about your options - almost everyone has an agenda. That means there are clinics and help you. This is why having an adult in your corner is really important. Having a trustworthy adult help you, will make it easier for you to make the choice that is right for you.
So, ya gotta burnin' question? Need some love directions? Thinkin' 'bout stuff like depression, sex,how ya feel 'bout YOURSELF (that's called "self-esteem"), boyfriends, girlfriends, losin' old friends, bullyin' or peer pressure, but too scared to ask the parents? Don't be scared to Dish-It here. But 'member, if ya hang out in Chat with other Kidzworld members who know ya by your 'username', ya might wanna use a secret nickname when ya write in. That way no one'll ever know it's you. And, just in case ya don't know, Dish-It gets a lotta letters everyday, and she can't answer 'em all. So keep checkin' the column cuz she's prob'ly answerin' somethin' very similar to your question while you're out doin' somethin' else. K? And Thanks! Ya keep her outta trouble. Oh! And if ya've got words of wisdom you wanna share, We'll dish 'em up, too.
- Dear Dish-It, I Like Him and I Think He Likes Me!
- Dear Dish-It, Friends vs. Hotties!
- More Great Advice from Dish-It!