2009 Supergirl Pro Junior Surf Contest
The 2nd Annual Supergirl Pro Junior hits Oceanside, CA this weekend; 16 young female surfers will be competing for a grand prize of $15,000.
The Supergirl Pro Junior kicks off the 2009 Supergirl Jam event series, the action-sports industry’s largest all-female competition featuring more than 100 female pros in surfing, skateboarding, inline skating and snowboarding.
The industry’s best 20-and-under female surfers competing this year include:
- Natalie Marie Anzivino: South Bay, California
- Jenna Balester: Huntington Beach, California
- Demi Boelsterli: Santa Barbara, California
- Meah Collins: Costa Mesa, California
- Courtney Conlogue: Santa Ana, California
- Erika Lani Cook: Lake Forest, California
- Lani Nina-Hili Doherty: Maui, Hawaii
- Sage Erickson: Ventura, California
- Kaleigh Gilchrist: Newport Beach, California
- Rachel Harris: Carpinteria, California
- Chandler Catherine Parr: Santa Monica, California
- Taylor Nicole Pitz: Laguna Beach, California
- Nikita Robb: East London, South Africa
- Bo Stanley: Carpinteria, California
- Sara Taylor: Boca Raton, Florida
- Jasset Umbel: Melbourne, Florida
The event is the first in a series of contests, including the Supergirl Pro-Am Jam (August 19, Woodward West) and Supergirl Jam (September 6, Venice Beach, California).
www.TheWB.com, the official site for 2009 Supergirl Jam events and competitions, will bring fans all the from the Supergirl Pro Junior, Supergirl Pro-Am Jam, Snowboard Rail Jam and the Skateboard Street contest by live webcast on September 6.
www.GO211.com will also stream Supergirl Jam event action. Both webcasts will begin at 11:30 a.m. PST on September 6 and will feature live competition from the Supergirl Jam in Venice Beach and taped programming from Oceanside and Woodward West.