Comments

Columbus Day

Get ready to discover a whole "new world" of information about the navigator Christopher Columbus, and the American holiday named after him - Columbus Day. Back to Article

Prophey
Prophey wrote:
2013-10-14 17:24:02 -0700

this is just an aimless holiday at this point

InternetOwl
InternetOwl wrote:
2013-10-14 09:45:31 -0700

It's not important

RawrImacat
RawrImacat wrote:
2013-10-14 09:40:36 -0700

How is it important?

BuzzJuzz
BuzzJuzz wrote:
2013-10-14 09:39:30 -0700

btw, its so important to celebrate it..

RawrImacat
RawrImacat wrote:
2013-10-14 09:31:08 -0700

Well, he didn't discover it, and he wasn't the first one. I thought the Native Americans did

Nerdalox
Nerdalox wrote:
2013-10-14 09:03:07 -0700

I don't celebrate people who come to my homeland and slaughter everyone. Sorry. :I

SekaiHeiwa
SekaiHeiwa wrote:
2013-10-14 08:59:40 -0700

Even though I like my day of no school today, I disapprove of this holiday. Leif Eriksson was one of the people who explored the Americas before Columbus. Columbus was just part of the slave trade that was going on.

Neron
Neron wrote:
2013-10-14 03:54:17 -0700

I learned about him in school. I must say that i am NOT a fan of this holiday. Columbus invaded America and committed genocide (killing of an entire race or ethnic group). He turned people into slaves and forced them to find him gold. Consequences were severe for those who didn't follow orders, like cutting off one's hand if they didn't find enough gold. I don't see what's to celebrate, but at least he made the history books.

Jeff123
Jeff123 wrote:
2013-10-13 22:53:53 -0700

I wish Christopher Colombus ACTUALLY discovered America so I could have a day to stay out of school >Frown.

whatdaheck
whatdaheck wrote:
2013-10-13 21:41:53 -0700

So this is worth celebrating -_-

JennyD
JennyD wrote:
2013-10-13 21:31:06 -0700

My mom doesn't have to go to work on this day

originalgirl
originalgirl wrote:
2013-10-13 19:59:56 -0700

Amerigo Vespucci.

hetaliafandom01
hetaliafandom01 wrote:
2013-10-13 19:49:58 -0700

Here in South Dakota, we don't celebrate it as Columbus Day, but as Native American Day. We have many native tribes that live here such as the Sioux tribe. So that's where it comes from basically.

InternetOwl
InternetOwl wrote:
2013-10-13 18:26:29 -0700

I agree Kittiie. I don't even think this is celebrated where I live so oh well o3o

♥Kittiie♥
♥Kittiie♥ wrote:
2013-10-13 17:44:23 -0700

Columbus had slaves and he did not find america, it is a very stupid holiday .-.

Kawaiiskull
Kawaiiskull wrote:
2013-10-13 14:59:25 -0700

I still have school tomorrow...... -cries-

Midapops
Midapops wrote:
2013-10-13 14:55:09 -0700

thank u columbus for making me have NO school tomorrow .-.

9bella
9bella wrote:
2013-10-13 13:53:24 -0700

in my state we call it native american day

bellagloria
bellagloria wrote:
2013-10-13 03:13:43 -0700

smilesmilesmilesmilesmile

bellagloria
bellagloria wrote:
2013-10-13 03:12:41 -0700

friday is the best smile

Holiday on Same Day as Columbus Day?

• Remembrance Day.
  • Thanksgiving.
  • Boxing Day.
  • They celebrate Columbus Day too.

Micro_costumes_micro
October 31 is coming up soon! If you’ve got no clue what you want to dress up as for Halloween, w...
Whether you want to be a robot in disguise or a costumed hero, these toys c...
If you're not interested in following this year's trends, check out some of these classic Hallowe...
Micro_october-micro
There are a ton of holidays taking place in October besides Halloween, so if you're looking for s...

Random in the forums

ChildrensBooks
Bullying - Bullies - Back To School - Children's Books - Boys & Men: Free eBook Download Bullying – Are you going back to school, already at school and are you worried about being bullied? If so we are the top source to find valuable eBooks on preventing & combating bullying at school. The Ultimate Children’s Guide on how to responsibly Deal with bullying is ideal for children aged 6 to 12 who have started a new school or are going back to school and are subjected to bullying or are worried about being bullied. It is also for children who may be bullies and would like to find a way out of the cruel life style. Instantly learn how to identify a bully Learn how to responsibly tackle bullying Learn how to avoid becoming a bully yourself Discover how to get out of the bullying lifestyle Also discover how to turn any bully into a friend Download a copy by clicking this link or copy and paste the URL into your web browser. Visit: http://authl.it/B00NKRPHOO
ester143
ester143 posted in General:
how do you put up with these things how can you do this stuff can you please tell or help me ii would love to know
egyptiscool
egyptiscool posted in General:
"miley15" wrote:do you have any addictions?yes an ice cream addiction
Missymix
Missymix posted in Debating:
Girl: Riyanna Boy: issac
BookwormKat
"Mellisa169" wrote:fair enough....-3  :)