These Kids Are Winners!
Recently, Grade 5 to 8 students across Canada were asked to create one-of-a-kind banner designs for the Raise Your Voices! National Student Banner Contest (for more information, visit NCC's banner contest site at canadascapital.gc.ca/bannercontest). The kids submitted all kinds of cool designs that represent issues and topics like the Olympic Games and other sports; war, peace and friendship; Canadian history and traditions; multiculturalism; and nature and the environment.
The seven winning banners will be professionally produced and displayed in Ottawa, which is Canada’s capital city. The winners are (drum roll please!):
- Grade 6 students Tessa Victoria Brenan and Breanne Marie Collins from Viscount Alexander School in Manitoba for their banner Peace Out!
- Grade 5 students Emily Bailey and Claire McEvoy from St. Maria Goretti School in Alberta for their banner Scenes of Canada!
- Grade 5 students Sydney Adraktas, Katie Butler and Hannah Rindlisbacher from St. Gregory School in Ontario for their banner Spirit in the Sky
- Grade 8 students Evelyn Chadwick and Courtney Hargray from Royal West Academy in Quebec for their banner The Little Beaver and the Flag
- Grade 8 students Hamzia Bawa-Zeba, Chadelyn Bustos and Ashley Nelson from Cardinal Newman Catholic School in Ontario for their banner Faces of the World
- Grades 7 and 8 students Madeline Legg and Braeden Praill from Rideau Valley School in Ontario for their banner First Nation Peace Tree
- Grade 5 students Allan Eggert and Lily Eggert from Heritage Christian Online School in British Columbia for their banner Together We Can Shine
Have Your Say
Have you ever won a contest? Tell us in the Comments section below this story!
- The Different Types Of Paint
- Elephants Painting Pictures
- Kidz Submit Poetry
- Paintings Inspired By Love