These Kids Are Winners!
Raise Your Voices! National Student Banner Contest
Scenes of Canada!
Spirit in the Sky
Together We Can Shine
The Little Beaver and the Flag
Faces of the World
First Nation Peace Tree
Recently, Grade 5 to 8 students across Canada were asked to create one-of-a-kind banner designs for the Raise Your Voices! National Student Banner Contest (for more information, visit NCC's banner contest site at canadascapital.gc.ca/bannercontest). The kids submitted all kinds of cool designs that represent issues and topics like the Olympic Games and other sports; war, peace and friendship; Canadian history and traditions; multiculturalism; and nature and the environment.
The seven winning banners will be professionally produced and displayed in Ottawa, which is Canada’s capital city. The winners are (drum roll please!):
- Grade 6 students Tessa Victoria Brenan and Breanne Marie Collins from Viscount Alexander School in Manitoba for their banner Peace Out!
- Grade 5 students Emily Bailey and Claire McEvoy from St. Maria Goretti School in Alberta for their banner Scenes of Canada!
- Grade 5 students Sydney Adraktas, Katie Butler and Hannah Rindlisbacher from St. Gregory School in Ontario for their banner Spirit in the Sky
- Grade 8 students Evelyn Chadwick and Courtney Hargray from Royal West Academy in Quebec for their banner The Little Beaver and the Flag
- Grade 8 students Hamzia Bawa-Zeba, Chadelyn Bustos and Ashley Nelson from Cardinal Newman Catholic School in Ontario for their banner Faces of the World
- Grades 7 and 8 students Madeline Legg and Braeden Praill from Rideau Valley School in Ontario for their banner First Nation Peace Tree
- Grade 5 students Allan Eggert and Lily Eggert from Heritage Christian Online School in British Columbia for their banner Together We Can Shine
Have Your Say
Have you ever won a contest? Tell us in the Comments section below this story!
- The Different Types Of Paint
- Elephants Painting Pictures
- Kidz Submit Poetry
- Paintings Inspired By Love