David Blaine - Marvelous Magician or Major Fake?
David Blaine got his first deck of cards at the Disney store and is now one of the craziest magicians of our time. He
David Blaine bought his first deck of magic cards at the Disney store, and from there has become one of the craziest magicians of our time. David Blaine has frozen himself in a block of ice, levitated and stood 105 feet (32 m) in the air for two days... Is there anything David can't do?
David Blaine started out as a street magician in New York and quickly won over the rich and famous of the city. Soon he was performing his tricks at private celeb parties and making friends with the likes of Leonardo DiCaprio.
David Blaine's first TV special came in 1997 and was called David Blaine: Street Magic. David's magic was so impressive that the special was aired worldwide. David Blaine's third special came in 2001 and featured David frozen in a block of ice for almost three days. David emerged from the ice block weak and disoriented but otherwise unharmed.
David Blaine's most recent trick had him perched atop a 22-inch (56 cm) circular platform that stood 105 feet in the air for two days straight. He had no food or water, couldn't sleep or even sit down. After this two-day feat, David Blaine proceeded to jump from the platform onto nothing but cardboard boxes!
Check out some of these other crazy tricks that David Blaine has wowed us with:
- David Blaine was buried alive for seven days, six-feet under New York's Riverside Drive.
- David held hands with a spectator at a dinner table, and a glass of wine exploded.
- David Blaine hammered a nail all the way through a board using only his bare hand.
- A woman's watch was stolen by David and then appeared in a jewelry store window. David Blaine then put his hand through the glass and grabbed the watch.
- Two girls' cigarettes were lit with David's fingers and then he ate a cigarette.
- David Blaine changed a stranger's empty crushed beer can into a visually full beer.
- A young boy's fear of snakes was overcome when David ate a small snake and had the snake reappear in the boy's backpack.
He is totally real. He did all that stuff. It was on TV.
Kidz Submit by:
EVERTHING David Blaine does is what it appears to be. I am a fellow magician and will stick up for the man in saying that what you see is what you see. It MIGHT not be what really is happening but it IS what you see.
Kidz Submit by:
I think David Blaine is the best and when people say that he is crazy cuz of all the things he does, he's not. David Blaine does all of this for himself not for other's and I think it's great and one day I wish I was just like him.
Kidz Submit by:
Nickname: murghana blaine
Do you think that magician David Blaine actually performed all of these stunts? Or did we make some of them up? What's his secret? Take our poll and if you have anything you want to say about David Blaine.
Last week we wrote about Crop Circles. The truth is that no one really knows how these mystic patterns appear, but there have been tons of reports from around the world. Take a look at what you all thought about the phenomenon.
Believe in Crop Circles or Not?
Yeah, crop circles are definitely real. 42%
No Way! Crop circles are just a hoax. 14%
I think some of them must be real. 21%
I've never seen one, so I don't know. 21%