Winter’s Tail :: DS Game Review
Winter is a little dolphin who lost her tail in an accident. This game is based on her story. Play along and find out how Winter learned to swim again. Also, check out the full story of Winter on Kidzworld.
Take an exciting journey on your Nintendo DS and learn about the real-life story of Winter the Dolphin. Based on the Scholastic Book from the No. 1 New York Times Best Selling Authors of Owen & Mzee, the game includes the fully interactive book Winter’s Tail read by the authors Juliana, Isabella and Craig Hatkoff. The game tells Winter's story in a variety of ways: both in storybook format and through mini-games.
As a player, your main goals in the game are to:
Highlights & features
- An interactive version of the book: Featuring photos, animations, and voiceover.
- Literacy support: With voiceover and per word highlighting as the voiceover is heard, and some key words tappable to get definitions or pronunciation, the game enhances literacy progress.
- Accessible: A first for a Nintendo DS game, the game includes accessibility options to allow enjoyment by all kids.
- Story-telling: With a make-my-own book mode, you’re given the building blocks to tell Winter's tale your way.
- Interactive play: Microgames enhance the story at key points.
- Coloring book: Purely creative experience of the story, while listening to the story if you want.
- Collectibles: Collect photos and coloring book pages you find hidden in the text. These are used in Make-My-Own book and the coloring mode.
Platform: Nintendo DS
Genre: Interactive Story, Animals
ESRB Rating: Rated E
Target Ages: 6-10