Klutz: My Style Studio Review
Here’s one book you won’t regret buying. My Style Studio from Klutz lets you design and trace your very own fashions – the perfect practice for all aspiring fashion designers out there!
The book looks like a platform with a white box attached. The box contains colored pencils, a sharpener, eraser and inking marker – pretty much everything you need to create your own fashion designs. It’s also got a book with folder pockets to keep your clings, patters, figure sheet and tracing paper.
Tips & Tricks
While this kit is totally Do-It-Yourself, it also comes with tons of handy tips and tricks to help you along the way, including:
- Color combinations for different seasons – with examples.
- How to layer and use colored pencils to get more than just eight basic colors.
- Easy step-by-step instructions on how to use My Style Studio
- Examples of techniques you can try to make the clings and pattern plates very flexible in design.
- How to easily make more tracing paper sheets that fit the white work area.
The book also contains extras for tracing earrings, buttons, bows, accessories; there are even patterns you can trace onto clothing. Combined with the clings, which include hair and faces in addition to the clothing, you basically don’t need to draw anything free by hand (though you definitely can if you want to!).
Body Image Bonus
This might just be the best thing about this fab book. At the very beginning, there’s a little mention about how the basic model shape is not realistic. Instead, it’s an ideal fashion shape that doesn’t appear in the real world (so don’t ever expect your own or anyone else’s body to look like a fashion model!).