Kw-logo-smaller

Not-So Healthy Energy Drinks

Some energy drinks like Red Bull and Sobe may not be as good for your health as you think.
Energy Drinks
Not-So Healthy Energy Drinks - Reviewed by Kidzworld on Dec 27, 2006
( Rating: 1 Star Rating)

There are lots of energy drinks around today that promise to make you feel more alert, happy and ready to go! But did ya know everthing to know about those SoBe, Red Bull and Snapple's miracle concoctions?

There are a ton of energy drinks on the market today that promise to make you feel more alert, happy and on your toes. But are the companies making these miracle concoctions telling you all there is to know about their products? Do you even know what you are paying for when forking over the big bucks for these designer drinks? Well, read on to find out!

The first concern about designer energy drinks is that no one is responsible for what is put in them. Companies can mix whatever they want without anyone checking out whether it's safe. It wasn't until very recently that scientists started to prove that some herbal energizers can be dangerous to your health. And although most of these beverages don't have enough of any one herb to do you harm, mixing these herbs with other medication can often be very dangerous to your health. If you're on something like a perscription acne medicine or some sort of antibiotic, you often don't know how that will react to your designer drink.

Another health drink scam has to do with what you are paying for. Often you are paying twice as much for these glorified fruit juices and water because of their crazy healing properties. But guess what? Most of these drinks don't have enough of the healing herbs to have any effect on your body. Often there is barely half of the recommended dose of herbs like ginseng, gingko biloba and echinacea. Yet, you usually pay close to double the price of regular fruit juice or water for these fancier energy drinks. Can you say rip off?

So the next time you reach for a SoBe, Red Bull, Snapple or other designer health drink, take a look at what you're actually paying for.

1 I just read the article on energy drinks. I have a SOBE just about every day. It does give me more energy and more adrenaline. So you really can't say this stuff does not give you energy and is not healthy, because since I started drinking SOBE, I've been healthier than ever.

Kidz Submit By:

Nickname: kyleb117
Age: 13

1 I think that all of these herbal drinks are just ruses. If you really believe that they work they do, but if you're skeptical then it has absolutely no effect.

Kidz Submit By:

Nickname: lex2003
Age: 17

1 Red bull and other drinks like it usually have a high level of caffeine. Too much caffine can be deadly, espcially for kids.

Kidz Submit By:

Nickname: sk8er_andie
Age: 14

1 I drink Sobe every day and it helps me in P.E. and lots of other ways!

Kidz Submit By:

Nickname: Celtaic Gurdian
Age: 12

Do you have a fave summer drink? Do you think herbal energy drinks really work? with your thoughts!

Related Stories:
>
>

readers voted!

Comments

Midsykitsy

Midsykitsy wrote:

I drink Red Bull every day. I'm fine, but I try to be careful with it. No working out a...
commented: Mon Apr 14, 2014

#nerdychica

#nerdychica wrote:

go vanilla latte's!
commented: Sat Apr 28, 2012

God's nerd

God's nerd wrote:

I also like venom!
commented: Sat Apr 28, 2012

there are 58 more comments

Please login or register to add comments


like this article?
Sign up now to get more just like!

latest videos

F1028652154062

What's Your Fave Energy Drink?

  • I love any kind of SoBe drink.
  • Red Bull gives me a ton of energy.
  • Anything with a ton of caffeine!
  • Give me pop over energy drinks any day of the week.

related stories

If your parents have been stressing over money and you feel anxious because of the environment, w...
There is a reason why opposing NBA teams hate playing in Utah. This arena has the reputation for ...
Do you read the cereal box label and wonder why it's chock-full of B vitamins? Find out what they...

Dear Dish-It in the forums

GottaLoveDance
GottaLoveDance posted in Friends:
"sugarpetals" wrote: "-_-NowYouSeeMeD" wrote: I know a lot of u BELIBERS out there might not like this post..but..still...I'm gonna continue!!!!  JUSTIN BIBER is REALLY TALENTED....I KNOW...I DON'T DENIE THAT AT ALL...but personally as a person I HATE HIM!!  I mean he's horrible....he doesn't care about anyone's feelings he clearly proved that by breaking SELENA'S heart in to a thousand pieces & by almost being kicked out of a country!!!:c (not just any..USA).He also did many other kinds of things which are...heheheh....heheh....better off not mentioning!!!:D  I know I'll never be able to reach where he did at the age of 13 but if fame leads to this...then...I rather stay invisible!!!:3   I KNOW HATE IS A STRONG WORD BUT IT CAN'T BE HELPED WHEN IT COMES TO BIBER :'c CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME  GOOD REASONS FOR WHICH BIEBER SHOULDN'T BE HATED?!?!:( AT LEAST ...MAYBE THEN I WILL BE ABLE TO AGREE WITH MY FRIEND!!!!:c I really don't wanna change her love for Biber or anything....I just wanna see...even if for once....those things that she and all of u Justin Biber fans  see in him!!!:)   i am not a belieber but this is no way to talk about Justin. maybe he has his flaws but it is not for us to judge. u want reasons why people like him right then here are they: 1.he can sing 2.they like his music 3.he is cute if u hate him then its your problem.......u don't need to like him just don't hate him because he is human, would u like someone to hate you because of the way you live and choose to be? yes i agree he did allot of horrible things, but what right do you have to hate him? and as far as your friend is concerned....u shouldn't feel bad because she sees something you don't see in him and that has nothing to do with you. I agree with sugarpetals I'm sorry to say but she is right.
reply 7 minutes
BookwormKat
My 2 older brothers & I live with my Mom, Step-Dad, & "their kids". They get out of doing chores, coming home at curfew, and can all but do anything & get away with all of it!!!!!! :e My Mom doesn't like it much but won't do anything about it. HELP!!!!!!!  :bigfrown
reply about 6 hours
daredog
daredog posted in Family Issues:
Thanks for the support!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
reply about 8 hours
daredog
daredog posted in Family Issues:
Thanks! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D it's good to know you don't mind! I think I might have lost a friend though... I asked Peter444 and he said he doesn't support gays... I hope he knew what I meant..... :) anyway thanks for the support! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
reply about 9 hours
Boysrock50
It's not wrong, it's not right, it's up to an individual tbh. If you're gay, and others have a problem, then it's them that need to change, not you. Don't give in to peer pressure, do what feels right for you
reply about 9 hours

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...