Kw-logo-smaller

Comments

Dear Dish-it: Help Me Get Over My Shyness

shy-as-a-deer asks: "I am a really shy girl. Whenever I have to present a presentation to the class, I always a bad job at it. AND, I don't really have the courage to talk to make friends. Can you help me get out of my shyness?" Back to Article

Please login or register to add comments

CookieDevil
CookieDevil wrote:
2011-09-23 04:29:44 -0700

Grin I did a performance at school and I did well! Grin I'm so proud of myself. Big Grin

report
Happy Heart7
Happy Heart7 wrote:
2011-09-22 16:00:56 -0700

I always hate presenting, but it is part of life and we all go through it. Frustrated But, the best thing to do is just practice. Practice makes better/perfect. Blush

report
Masterman393
Masterman393 wrote:
2011-09-22 14:42:03 -0700

Gratz!

report
Diberius167
Diberius167 wrote:
2011-09-22 14:06:03 -0700

add me

report
Artsygirl2
Artsygirl2 wrote:
2011-09-22 14:03:55 -0700

i was shy too, but i got over it, now i'm a little shy

report
hey its lexi
hey its lexi wrote:
2011-09-22 12:30:38 -0700

haha my ex bf is really shy its soo cuteee haha lolz

report
PrincessCamisha972
PrincessCamisha972 wrote:
2011-09-12 13:39:56 -0700

Dish It thanks it really works

report
awsomebubbles2011
awsomebubbles2011 wrote:
2011-07-16 14:07:29 -0700

woww it really works

report
CookieDevil
CookieDevil wrote:
2011-07-05 09:55:59 -0700

I am soo shy. Thanks for the advice, Dish it!

report
lauren!64
lauren!64 wrote:
2011-06-28 10:24:59 -0700

im very shy and this article helped me thanks dish it!!!!!!!

report
ocalais147
ocalais147 wrote:
2011-06-15 02:39:45 -0700

Im the same way. Im very shy!

report
ChuSayWha098
ChuSayWha098 wrote:
2011-06-15 01:27:49 -0700

i used to feel that way, but i finally realized i didn't have almost any friends... i figured it was go time, and one day i finally lost all of my fears Big Grin now you could threaten to hit me and i wouldn't care!

report
NetbookNerd01
NetbookNerd01 wrote:
2011-01-24 03:54:53 -0800

its okay im like that and this article really helped thanks Blush

report
Olivia0054
Olivia0054 wrote:
2010-12-08 09:48:59 -0800

don't worry i have you pain sometimes! just be your self!

report
nicholeluvsu
nicholeluvsu wrote:
2010-07-13 03:02:06 -0700

i used to be like that but if u do mess up laugh at yourself trust me it works

report
bubbassissy
bubbassissy wrote:
2010-07-13 02:28:54 -0700

yea i has the same way i was so shy that is why i allways got scared Frown Confused

report
virgogyrl
virgogyrl wrote:
2010-07-03 02:31:37 -0700

dear shy-as-a-dear i used to be the same way. But what i realized was i was afraid of what people might think of me. i was afraid people might laugh people will talk bad about me i was holding myself back. But the point is you dnt hav to be scared of what

report
back to story
F1025221620718

Are You Shy? Vote!

  • A little - I can get kinda goofy in front of crushes.
  • Nope! I love being the center of attention!
  • I wish I was a turtle and I had a shell I could hide in - all the time!

related stories

Is asks: "When I go to parties even when I know everyone I feel scared. What can I do?"
What can I do to help myself not be so shy in school?
I'm very anti-social. I don't interact with anyone because I used to be depressed and think I sti...

Dear Dish-It in the forums

Boysrock50
Boysrock50 posted in Friends:
Yeah I had a friend in the same situation as you, he was too scared to say anything so we spoke for him. Now the 'friend' has changed and hes our mate. Just tell her straight and firmly, its the only way
reply 2 minutes
kaykay2002
kaykay2002 posted in Friends:
"Boysrock50" wrote:She is obviously NOT your best friend.I wouldn't even call her a friendShe is a bully who thinks she can have her own wayShe thinks she can control you like you're her follower because she the truth is she needs youBe smart and leave her because she's only going to keep you down and then one day she will find  friends just like her and she will just ignore you forever, thinking shes too cool for you.I would either:Tell her straight that she needs to make her own friends because you don't want to be friends anymoreor:Tell her that you don't like what she does and either she changes her ways and acts more like a friend, or you cant be friends anymore.I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm being wise and you should be wise too. Thanks I actually might try that but she is really stubborn and will not take no for an answer I have tried just ignoring her but he will kick, hit, or punch me to get attention. my parents also don't like her bcuz she is bossy. I also have to go to summer camp with her for the next 2 weeks and w have to be buddies for it so i think i might die
reply 6 minutes
Boysrock50
Boysrock50 posted in Friends:
She is obviously NOT your best friend. I wouldn't even call her a friend She is a bully who thinks she can have her own way She thinks she can control you like you're her follower because she the truth is she needs you Be smart and leave her because she's only going to keep you down and then one day she will find  friends just like her and she will just ignore you forever, thinking shes too cool for you. I would either: Tell her straight that she needs to make her own friends because you don't want to be friends anymore or: Tell her that you don't like what she does and either she changes her ways and acts more like a friend, or you cant be friends anymore. I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm being wise and you should be wise too.
reply 19 minutes
-Allie-
-Allie- posted in Friends:
I would drop her for two main reasons. One - guilt by association. Meaning people might be afraid to be your friend because they think you might bully them too like she does.  Two - Losing her "only friend" as you say may make her realize she needs to make a change on how she treats people. In any case, do it nicely if you do! HTH! 
reply 25 minutes
jordand08
jordand08 posted in Friends:
She's not a very good friend.
reply 34 minutes