No Sweat Summer Hairstyles
Wearing your hair down and in your face just makes you feel even hotter when temperatures are soaring in the summer months! Sweaty and red-faced is definitely not the look you’re going for! Luckily we’re not just stuck with putting our hairup in a ponytail everyday - there are some adorable summer hairstyles that are easy and will leave you sweat-free and ready for summer fun! Messy side braids, ballerina buns, perky ponytails and easy updos - you might not even want to wear your hair down when it cools down!
The Poufy Ponytail
There is a slight twist to this ponytail to make it look both poufy and perky!
- 1. After washing your hair, blowdry it with a round brush and use volumizing mousse to give your hair texture.
- 2. Gather your hair in a high ponytail but leave about 2-3 inches of the top section of your hair loose.
- 3. Back comb the top section and pin it back so it blends in with the ponytail. Use a clear snag-free elastic.
- 4. Pull a section of the bottom of your hair out and wrap it around the elastic. Pin hair underneath the ponytail.
- 5. Spray texture or beach wave spray on your ponytail to give it even more bounce.
There’s a reason why ballerinas put their hair in such a high and tight bun on top of their head! Not only does it keep your hair out of your face, it looks great!
- 1. This style works best on hair that isn’t freshly washed. Clean hair is slippery and doesn’t hold the bun as well. If you must wash your hair, spray texturing spray or mousse all over your hair and then blowdry upside down to get the same hair texture.
- 2. Gather all hair into a high ponytail and secure with a snag-free elastic the same color as your hair.
- 3. Twist the hair around your elastic band into a high bun. Use pins to hold it into place.
- 4. Put on a thin to medium width headband.
Double French Braid
Don’t be fooled by how difficult this hairstyle works. It couldn’t be easier and it’s a very chic way to keep your hair off your face and neck in the heat.
- 1. Parting your hair in the centre, divide your hair into three parts.
- 2. Twist the middle part back into a chignon (a bun) and pin.
- 3. Loosely do 2 french braid on the two side sections and then wrap the ends around the middle bun and pin. Voila! We told ya it was easier than it looks!
Triple Knot Bun
This is another hairstyle that looks complicated but is so easy and quick to pull off!
- 1. Divide your hair into three equal sized low ponytails and secure with a snag free hair elastic.
- 2. Twist each ponytail into a small bun in the back of your head and secure with pins.
- 3. Pull out some pieces to make it a look a bit messy and spray with hairspray to set.