Kw-logo-smaller

Mindless Behavior Q&A

Aug 29, 2010

Kidzworld: How did the four of you guys first get together?

  • Princeton: About two years ago our managers Keisha Gamble and Walter Millsap held an audition, which is where Roc Royal and I met. A couple of months later our Choreographer Dave Scott found Prodigy on Youtube. Then Ray Ray auditioned at the studio at 11:00 at night a few weeks later. Once we were in development, the head of our production company Walter Millsap took us to meet Vincent Herbert and Jimmy Iovine and we signed to Streamline/ Interscope Records. Kenneth Crear joined our management team and here we are.
Mindless Behavior
Mindless Behavior

Would you say you’re anything like previous groups – The Jackson 5, New Edition, Another Bad Creation, B2K – or totally unique?

  • Ray Ray: We’ve been influenced by all of those artists. We’ve watched lots of early footage of their performances, but we believe we have our own unique style.

Kidzworld: Where did each of you – Prodigy, Roc Royal, Ray Ray and Princeton – get your nicknames?

  • I got the name Prodigy from my crew because when it comes to music and dance, I catch on very quickly. Growing up they called me Ray Ray and it fits me because I’m like the pretty boy of the group. I love to study musical history, and collect musical facts so my production company named me PrincetonRoc Royal has two meanings they call me ROC because I always give 100% on stage and the ROYAL side of me is my softer side - I’m sensitive and I like to look good.

Kidzworld: Ray Ray: You’re an amazing dancer. What was it like dancing for Tommy the Clown in LA?

  • It was really fun and exciting - it was also my first time being in front of a large crowd.

Kidzworld: Princeton: We hear you got your start in TV commercials. Do you plan to keep on acting along with your music career?

  • Definitely no doubt about it! I want to get better as an actor and do movies and television.

Kidzworld: Prodigy: Your vocal style is incredible! Is it totally natural or did you ever have to take lessons?

  • Well the gift was there, but I do take vocal lessons to help develop and strengthen my voice.

Kidzworld: Roc Royal: Lots of kids dream about rapping, but you made it happen – how?!

  • By being confident and having fun with it, I also practiced a lot, so when the time came I would be ready.
Mindless Behavior
Mindless Behavior

Kidzworld: Who do you guys look up to most?

  • Princeton: Michael Jackson - he had to go through so much and still remained loyal to his fans, I look up to him for that.
  • Ray Ray: Michael Jackson because he was an incredible dancer, and the biggest star in the world!
  • Prodigy: I look up to God most because he’s given me this talent and has helped me become who I am.
  • Roc Royal:I’d say Diddy because he’s very confident and has a lot energy.

Kidzworld: What was it like touring with the Backstreet Boys?

  • Princeton: Touring with Backstreet was really fun - I couldn’t wait to tour so going out on the road with them was a great first experience.
  • Ray Ray: It was an amazing experience! It was our first time being on tour and having our own tour bus. Also, the Backstreet Boys are super cool.
  • Prodigy: It was fun because we got to perform in many different states and chill on our own tour bus.
  • Roc Royal: It was fun because we got to visit a lot of places and have fun with the fans. I also saw a lot of cool wild animals, like deer, and bats!

Kidzworld: What does giving back to the community – like performing for Race for the Cure – mean to you guys?

  • Princeton: It means a lot knowing we helped raise awareness for people with breast cancer. It made us feel really happy and good inside.
  • Ray Ray: It made me feel good to help others and be part of such an important cause.
  • Prodigy: It meant a lot. I really want there to be a cure for cancer in my lifetime. It made me feel special that we were part of such a special event.

Kidzworld: Is it hard getting used to all the attention you get as celebrities? Do your fans get pretty crazy sometimes and how do you deal with that?

  • Princeton: Definitely because I was never the kid who got looked at in school so this is a big change. Our fans are great they’re Mindless & we love them! Their energy keeps us going.
  • Ray Ray: I haven’t really paid too much attention to it. When the fans get crazy I’m cool with it - I love them!
  • Prodigy: No not really, and as far as the fans I don’t really think they’re crazy I think they’re just Mindless…we love the fans.
  • Roc Royal: Kind of, because it’s always lots of new people around, but it’s fun too. Yes the fans get a little crazy sometimes but we love our fans they’re so Mindless!!!

Read Mindless Behavior's Biography!!

>
>

readers voted!

Comments

shawty932

shawty932 wrote:

i love you all
commented: Thu Mar 20, 2014

shawty932

shawty932 wrote:

hi i'm an 11 yeaar old girl and i just have to say your an insporation and i want to st...
commented: Thu Mar 20, 2014

dropdatnaenae

dropdatnaenae wrote:

lol i luv ray ray
commented: Mon Mar 17, 2014

there are 822 more comments

Please login or register to add comments

share with your friends


Twitter Facebook Myspace Digg


like this article?
get more just like it in your email

Mindless-poll

Who's your Mindless Behavior Crush?

  • Princeton
  • Ray Ray
  • Prodigy
  • Roc Royal

related stories

Micro_princeton-mciro
Kidzworld landed an interview with Princeton who talks tour, hair, clothes, personal dreams and m...
Micro_fun-micro
New York-based indie pop band Fun., made up of lead singer Nate Ruess, Andrew Dost and Jack Anton...
Micro_mindless6-micro
Mindless Behavior is a dynamic group of young men armed with limitless talent, drive, energy and ...
Micro_omg_micro
The OMG Girlz are a singing group consisting of four girls ranging in age from 11-13. Two of the ...

latest videos

Entertainment in the forums

ValenciaRose
ValenciaRose posted in Movies:
"Crazyoscar" wrote:I know! I can't wait to see it!!Yeah.. Harry Osbourne will probably be big in it.. He looks so different from the original!Yeah, I like both, really. I guess it was because I wasn't a big of a fan of the Original Trilogy as I am of the  The Amazing Spiderman. I also prefer the Amazing Spiderman because he actually made the web-shooters, and it really showed how smart he was. I mean, no offence, but in the first films everyone said he was really smart but we never got to see him do something genuis.I'm scared too! I don't want her to die either!Electro seems like sorta a drama queen. I mean, have you seen the trailer where he got all mad because Spiderman didn't remember him? :confused Bit of an over-reaction! He's a changed man :) And by change, I mean way more evil :| I suppose so. But, not trying to sound offense, I think Spiderman is quite old so I think that maybe that's why I prefer the Amazing Spiderman. BUT I still love the original movies. Also I think it's because Spiderman showed a lot of romance compared to the amazing spiderman. Yeah I know, the web shooters are awesome! MY GWEN BABY! *dramatically, and hysterically sobs* I know right? He goes all ninja-style and it's funny when he's like, "YOU LIED TO ME!" in a overly dramatic way. The best moments in the trailer is when Peter's aunt complains about the laundry and he says he was washing the American flag. lol xD
reply 13 minutes
Boysrock50
erm....was I? XD
reply 23 minutes
MermaidMagic33
"Boysrock50" wrote: "MermaidMagic33" wrote: "Boysrock50" wrote: "MermaidMagic33" wrote: Yo mama has good logic that Einstein were less smart. says the person with terrible grammar XD Thanks for the insult -_-  sorrryyyyy :S Nah it's ok. I know you were joking.
reply 23 minutes
Boysrock50
"MermaidMagic33" wrote: "Boysrock50" wrote: "MermaidMagic33" wrote: Yo mama has good logic that Einstein were less smart. says the person with terrible grammar XD Thanks for the insult -_- sorrryyyyy :S
reply 24 minutes
MermaidMagic33
"Boysrock50" wrote: "MermaidMagic33" wrote: Yo mama has good logic that Einstein were less smart. says the person with terrible grammar XD Thanks for the insult -_- 
reply 26 minutes

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

_thumb_100x100

We have all played the famous game Sudoku, now play it online with this Classic ...