Mindless Behavior Q&A
Kidzworld: How did the four of you guys first get together?
- Princeton: About two years ago our managers Keisha Gamble and Walter Millsap held an audition, which is where Roc Royal and I met. A couple of months later our Choreographer Dave Scott found Prodigy on Youtube. Then Ray Ray auditioned at the studio at 11:00 at night a few weeks later. Once we were in development, the head of our production company Walter Millsap took us to meet Vincent Herbert and Jimmy Iovine and we signed to Streamline/ Interscope Records. Kenneth Crear joined our management team and here we are.
- Ray Ray: We’ve been influenced by all of those artists. We’ve watched lots of early footage of their performances, but we believe we have our own unique style.
Kidzworld: Where did each of you – Prodigy, Roc Royal, Ray Ray and Princeton – get your nicknames?
- I got the name Prodigy from my crew because when it comes to music and dance, I catch on very quickly. Growing up they called me Ray Ray and it fits me because I’m like the pretty boy of the group. I love to study musical history, and collect musical facts so my production company named me PrincetonRoc Royal has two meanings they call me ROC because I always give 100% on stage and the ROYAL side of me is my softer side - I’m sensitive and I like to look good.
Kidzworld: Ray Ray: You’re an amazing dancer. What was it like dancing for Tommy the Clown in LA?
- It was really fun and exciting - it was also my first time being in front of a large crowd.
Kidzworld: Princeton: We hear you got your start in TV commercials. Do you plan to keep on acting along with your music career?
- Definitely no doubt about it! I want to get better as an actor and do movies and television.
Kidzworld: Prodigy: Your vocal style is incredible! Is it totally natural or did you ever have to take lessons?
- Well the gift was there, but I do take vocal lessons to help develop and strengthen my voice.
Kidzworld: Roc Royal: Lots of kids dream about rapping, but you made it happen – how?!
- By being confident and having fun with it, I also practiced a lot, so when the time came I would be ready.
Kidzworld: Who do you guys look up to most?
- Princeton: Michael Jackson - he had to go through so much and still remained loyal to his fans, I look up to him for that.
- Ray Ray: Michael Jackson because he was an incredible dancer, and the biggest star in the world!
- Prodigy: I look up to God most because he’s given me this talent and has helped me become who I am.
- Roc Royal:I’d say Diddy because he’s very confident and has a lot energy.
Kidzworld: What was it like touring with the Backstreet Boys?
- Princeton: Touring with Backstreet was really fun - I couldn’t wait to tour so going out on the road with them was a great first experience.
- Ray Ray: It was an amazing experience! It was our first time being on tour and having our own tour bus. Also, the Backstreet Boys are super cool.
- Prodigy: It was fun because we got to perform in many different states and chill on our own tour bus.
- Roc Royal: It was fun because we got to visit a lot of places and have fun with the fans. I also saw a lot of cool wild animals, like deer, and bats!
Kidzworld: What does giving back to the community – like performing for Race for the Cure – mean to you guys?
- Princeton: It means a lot knowing we helped raise awareness for people with breast cancer. It made us feel really happy and good inside.
- Ray Ray: It made me feel good to help others and be part of such an important cause.
- Prodigy: It meant a lot. I really want there to be a cure for cancer in my lifetime. It made me feel special that we were part of such a special event.
Kidzworld: Is it hard getting used to all the attention you get as celebrities? Do your fans get pretty crazy sometimes and how do you deal with that?
- Princeton: Definitely because I was never the kid who got looked at in school so this is a big change. Our fans are great they’re Mindless & we love them! Their energy keeps us going.
- Ray Ray: I haven’t really paid too much attention to it. When the fans get crazy I’m cool with it - I love them!
- Prodigy: No not really, and as far as the fans I don’t really think they’re crazy I think they’re just Mindless…we love the fans.
- Roc Royal: Kind of, because it’s always lots of new people around, but it’s fun too. Yes the fans get a little crazy sometimes but we love our fans they’re so Mindless!!!