Raven Symone : Tinker Bell And The Great Fairy Rescue Interview
What can you tell us about your new movie?
- Raven: Tinker Bell And The Great Fairy Rescue is a wonderful new animation about Tinker Bell and her magical fairy friends. Tinker Bell meets a human for the first time in the movie, but she gets into a little jam and she needs some help from her fellow fairies. It’s a sweet story filled with great adventures – and there are lots of lessons to be learned along the way.
What lessons do we learn in the film?
- Raven: There are two major lessons in the movie. The first lesson you learn is that you should always be loyal to your friends because they will help you when you are in a bind. The second lesson to be learned involves believing in your dreams. Always believe, even if your dream seems far-fetched. Never give up hope!
Who do you play in the movie?
- Raven: I play a character named Iridessa and she is one of Tinker Bell’s best friends. Iridessa is a light fairy who doesn’t like to leave home very often. She’d prefer to stay in Pixie Hollow rather than explore the human world.
What does a light fairy do?
- Raven:Have you ever seen fireflies flying around at night? Iridessa is the fairy who lights up their little bums. Have you ever seen a majestic ray of sunshine shining through the clouds? That’s Iridessa. Have you ever seen a beautiful rainbow when it rains? Iridessa does that, too!
What do you like about Iridessa?
- Raven:I love that Iridessa is grounded and very loyal to her friends. She’s also very pretty and she has a really cute outfit. I think she’s wonderful. She’s a little sassy, but she’s not as sassy as Tinker Bell. She’s very cool.
Is Iridessa anything like you?
- Raven: We have a couple of similarities. For starters, we are both very loyal and we both like to have fun. I also like to stay at home, just like Iridessa. I don’t need to go out all the time to have fun.
Do you like the way Iridessa looks?
- Raven: I do! Iridessa is so sweet. She has a cute tan and her body is petite and curvy. I love her to bits. In fact, I’m thinking about dressing up like Iridessa for Halloween this year. How cool would that be? I can imagine kids coming up to me saying, “You sound just like her.” That would be fun!
What do you think of Tinker Bell?
- Raven: I love Tinker Bell. In fact, I’ve been a fan of Tinker Bell ever since I saw her little ball of light come into Wendy’s window in the movie, Peter Pan. I have always loved her and her feisty attitude. Tinker Bell is cool!
Do you believe in fairies and magic?
- Raven: Of course I do! There are fairies everywhere. Everyone has to believe in fairies. As soon as you stop believing, one falls like a baby’s tear – and you don’t want that to happen.
What would you do if found some magical pixie dust?
- Raven: I’d probably sprinkle the pixie dust all over my body and I’d fly away. Where would I go? I’d fly to the top of a mountain to see if I could find some ravens. I’d take a peek into their nests to see where I came from!
You’re not scared of heights are you?
- Raven: I am scared of heights, but I’ll be fine. The pixie dust will save me!
Are you a fan of animation and cartoons?
- Raven: I’ve always loved cartoons ever since I was a little girl. I love all of the Disney classics like Cinderella and Peter Pan, as well as animated shows like The Animaniacs, Ren & Stimpy and Johnny Bravo. Mickey Mouse is very cool, too!
What’s your favorite Disney movie?
- Raven: My favorite Disney animation would probably be Mulan. I think that movie’s really lovely and it’s got a great story. I’ve seen it loads of times and it never gets boring. I also love Mary Poppins because I’m a big fan of musicals. Mary Poppins is awesome!
Did you always want to be an actress?
- Raven: I’ve wanted to act ever since I was a little girl. I’ve been very, very lucky and very, very blessed to get to where I am today. I’m very grateful for everything that’s happened to me, but I’ve also worked really hard to get here.
Isn’t acting a fun job?
- Raven: People don’t realize that there is a lot of hard work involved in acting. It’s not all glitz and glamour. I love my job and the hard work is definitely worth it, but there’s a lot of stuff you don’t see. Want my advice? Work hard and train hard if you want to get into acting. Always keep your dreams alive and go for it. If it’s something you want, you’ll get it. Reach for the stars – and hold on tight!
TINKER BELL AND THE GREAT FAIRY RESCUE is now available on Blu-ray & DVD!