The Legend of Werewolves
AROOooooooooh… it’s time to talk about the legend of the werewooooooolf! If your little bratty brother has been biting you and making weird noises past midnight, you might want to check on him to make sure he’s not a werewolf! Werewolves are regular people during the day, but at night they turn into havoc reeking monsters on the prowl.
Wolf-Man Make Believe
The stories about werewolves have probably existed since the first time a caveman saw a wolf. You know cavemen and how they like to exaggerate their gossip. Why wouldn’t they tell their stories of their fights with wolves as fights with a wolf-man… much more brave.
What’s a Werewolf
The real myth of the werewolf is that a person has been cursed or bitten by another werewolf. Every full moon, the person metamorphasizes into a monster… half man, half wolf. Here are all the characteristics of the werewolf:
- Big stout jaw
- Reddish Fangs
- Sharp curved fingernails
A more likely story of how werewolves were invented probably comes from the story of the Berserker. The Berserker was a warrior that wore the head of a wolf into deadly battles. Berserkers were known to be very strong and crazy… just like their costume’s characteristics.
Full Moon Magic
It shouldn’t be hard to identify a werewolf at night when they are stalking you under a full moon, but what about during the day when they are normal human beings? Here’s a list of things to suspect your friends and family members of being a werewolf:
- Make sure they don’t have any fur under their skin by checking their wounds and cuts
- They will have bristles under their tongues… the first thing doctors check for when you enter their office
- Nervous attitude as they are well aware of all the crimes they are committing
- Power is very weak during the day as all their energy comes out at night
If you have identified a werewolf, there are ways to protect yourself. Here is a quicklist:
- Silver weapons… the only way to kill a werewolf is with a silver bullet
- Mistletoe… apparently werewolves do not like kissing
- Rye Bread
- Mountain Ash
Most Famous Werewolves
Werewolves have been losing their evil reputation in the past few decades. Wolverine and Teen Wolf were admired for their werewolf abilities and quite frankly, I like them.
Teen Wolf Fox
Jacob from Twilight