Greenzys: Eco-Friendly Toys
Greenzys are a brand-new kind of toy – one that’s friendly for the earth! They’re cute, cuddly and all about a good cause! Each time you buy a Greenzy – which are made from natural materials and non-toxic dyes – a tree is planted!
Greenzys are super soft and super cute, and they’re made from materials that won’t harm the earth! Not only that, each time you purchase one of these lovable green characters, a tree is planted!
Now, let’s meet the Greenzys!
- Peat: Born in Antarctica, this penguin recycles, reduses and reduces everything! Peat’s fave green activity is making his own popsicles – they’re yummy and don’t need any packaging!
- Violet: This shy giraffe is a total genius, and knows everything there is to know about being green! Her fave green activity is teaching others have to be green!
- Yew Yew: This panda bear from China does a bit too much worrying, but definitely has what it takes to be a Greenzy! His fave green activity is to grow bamboo, which gives off lots of oxygen and prevents erosion.
- Willow: Willow the elephant is from India. A born leader, she treasures her Earth home and wants to take care of it. Her face green activity is collecting rain to water her plants and using her trunk as a waterspout!
Greenzys’ Green Tips
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Use less when you can. Share a magazine or book with your brother sister or friend. Ask your parents to add recycling in your house and talk to your teachers about recycling in class.
- Donate unused toys, books, and clothes. Ask your parents if you can donate toys, books and clothes you don’t want anymore. They’ll get a new home and make another kid happy!
- Rechargeable Batteries. Use rechargeable batteries for all your electronics and toys.You’ll keep hundreds of batteries from ending up in a landfill. And if you can’t use rechargeable batteries, then make sure to recycle them when they die.
- Don’t litter. Littering is bad news for your neighborhood, and for the planet. Litter dirties up the streets and can pollute our oceans.
- Get Out of the Car. Encourage your parents to let the family take walks or ride bikes together instead of taking the car. It means less pollution and is good exercise for everyone.
- Turn off the lights. Switch off the lights every time you leave the room. If you see an empty room in your house with the lights on, turn them off.
- Save Water. Turn off the water when you’re brushing your teeth. You can save hundreds of gallons of water each year if you just have the water on for the rinse. Compete with your family for the fastest shower!
- Buy Local at Farmer’s Markets. Ask your parents to take you to a farmer’s market. They’re fun to walk around and you’re helping local farmers make a living.
- Organic Gardens. Start an organic garden at your school. Talk to teachers and your classmates to get them excited. You can turn your school into an outdoor classroom as you grow fresh food.
- Start a compost bin. Some food and yard waste can be composted rather than thrown away. Ask your parents if you can get a compost bin, and it is a good excuse to have your own worm farm!
- Tinker Bell: Honorary Ambassador Of Green
- The Green Children Do Charity
- Plant Power: Keeping Our Green Friends Happy
- Trove Green Clothing Review