Paul Wesley Bio
Paul Wesley, born in the summer of 1982, grew up with his parents and three sisters in New Jersey. His family is of Polish descent, and as a result of this he can speak fluent Polish. While Paul was in his junior year of high school he joined the cast of the popular soap opera Guiding Light. He was originally born with the name Paul Wasilewski, but with the support of his family decided to change it so it would be easier to pronounce.
After leaving Guiding Light, Paul went on to make many appearances on popular television programs like Law and Order, Smallville, Everwood and 24. Some of his more recognized roles include playing Tommy in American Dreams and Damian in 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter. In 2003, Paul took on a one-episode role in the teen comedy The OC. He played bad boy Donnie who worked with Ryan at the Crab Shack. His character was responsible for shooting Marissa Cooper’s then-boyfriend Luke.
The Vampire Diaries
In 2009, Paul was cast as Stefan Salvatore on the CW’s new hit show The Vampire Diaries. Stefan is a friendly vampire who falls in love with Elena Gilbert (played by Nina Dobrev), a beautiful high school girl that resembles an old girlfriend. Stefan and his evil vampire brother Damon (played by Ian Somerhalder) compete for the affection of Elena in an epic romantic battle that has spanned two seasons. With Stefan’s mysterious aura and delicious good looks, it is hard to understand why Elena is having such a hard time choosing!
- If he wasn’t an actor he would want to be an investigative journalist.
- When he was a young boy he spent his summers in Poland.
- Spent one semester at college before dropping out to pursue acting full time.
- Dated Torrey DeVitto (Carrie from One Tree Hill and Melissa from Pretty Little Liars) and Marnette Patterson (Christie from Charmed).
- Nina Dobrev Bio
- Vampire Diaries TV Show Facts
- Vampire Diaries: Season 2, Episode 12
- Vampire Diaries: Season 2, Episode 11