Jacob Latimore Q&A
Jacob Latimore is a rising star in both the world of music and acting, he’s currently signed to Jive Records and working on an album as well as starring in the movie Vanishing on 7th Street, but despite all the buzz and action he still had time to chat to Kidzworld!
Kidzworld: When did you first realize you wanted to be involved in music?
- Jacob: The thing is it was always in my family with my mom singing and my dad, everybody, my whole family sings, so it’s something that just caught my eye, you know, something I always wanted to do.
Kidzworld: You got a big break with Disney’s Radio Incubator program, was it strange the first time you heard your song on there?
- Jacob: I didn’t find it strange, but you know what’s strange is that it was my first song, the first song I ever recorded so it was really just a dream come true.
Kidzworld: You were just at the Kids’ Choice Awards, what was the best part of the night for you?
- Jacob: Everything! It was my first award show ever seeing all those faces and people, everything was just perfect. I saw people I knew there like Keke Palmer, Brandi and Cody Simpson.
Kidzworld: How did it feel to get signed to Jive Records?
- Jacob: It was definitely amazing, just wow, to get on my favourite label with my favourite artists, like Chris Brown, Usher, R. Kelly, and you know that was really a dream come true.
Kidzworld:We hear you’re not just talented musically, but also have a gift for acting, can you tell us about your upcoming projects?
- Jacob: I actually just did an episode for So Random yesterday, I was a musical guest with a couple lines, I have a movie out called Vanishing on 7th Street with Hayden Christiansen and Thandi Newton.
Kidzworld: What has been your favourite show to be on so far?
- Jacob: Probably So Random.
Kidzworld: What is something most people don’t know about you?
- Jacob: I love to clean! I like to iron my pillowcases, you know, smooth them out when they get out of the dryer.
Kidzworld: What is the most fun thing you’ve been able to do since getting signed?
- Jacob: I’m actually kind of a homebody, l like staying home you know, and skyping with friends, although I did recently go to Universal Studios and that was pretty fun.
Kidzworld: Do you ever get stage fright, or get nervous meeting famous people?
- Jacob: No I never really get stage fright.
Kidzworld: What are you planning to do next musically?
- Jacob: I’m just finishing up my album so I can get it out to you all, and I’d like to do some collaborations.
Kidzworld: Who would your ideal/dream person be to work with next?
- Jacob: Probably Justin Timberlake, I’d really like to work with him.
Here's Jacob's single Like 'Em All, featuring Diggy Simmons!