The Best Fans in the NHL
The most surprising thing in the NHL Playoffs so far this year has got to be the fans in Nashville. When most hockey fans think of which team has the best fans, everyone automatically knows it’s the Montreal Canadians, and the last place you would think to have great fans is Nashville… I mean WAS Nashville. Their fans ROCK and it has nothing to do with music.
Orange Fans in Nashville
Green Guys make the trip to Tune Town
Pekka is the New King
Nashville in the NHL
The Nashville Predators are the big surprise of the Playoffs this year. They have upset Corey Perry and the Anaheim Ducks quite convincingly and now they’re giving the #1 Vancouver Canucks a run for their money. Before these games, there was a lot of concern whether or not Nashville should even have a team in the NHL. I mean… who cares about hockey in Nashville?
Since the Preds have been winning in NHL Playoffs, there is some serious hockey pandemonium in Nashville:
- Hundreds of Predator Fans showed up at the Nashville airport to greet the team ONLY after tying the series with Vancouver 1-1.
- The Nashville fans have created a Sea of Orange in their arena by all wearing ugly orange t-shirts. This is pretty hard to pull off considering most hockey fans like to show off their jersey and Predator Jerseys are blue and white.
- If you watched the first Nashville home game between the Nucks and Preds, you would have heard the commentators say that there was a crazy collegiate-like atmosphere in the stands.
- While the game was going on… Nashville Fans were extremely positive. Even though the Canucks dominated the Predators, the fans were constantly cheering on plays most stadiums don’t get so excited about.
Rinne's Run for Radness
One of the big reasons that there is this hype in Nashville has got to be because of their star goalie Pekka Rinne. This goaltender literally stole a game from Vancouver while standing on his head.
Canucks' Secret Weapon
The Canucks have their own fan phenomenon. The Green Guys showed up in Nashville to put a jinx on the Predators' push. These Green Guys are probably more popular than some of the 4th line Canucks. Nucks win 3-2 in overtime!
OK Nashville is still new to hockey compared to everywhere else... and sometimes there are some rookie mistakes. Some Predator fans have complained about this incident where Predator bulldozes right over a cameraman a jinx on the game. Check it out...
- Hockey at Home :: Quiz the Coach
- NHL Playoffs : Cup for Canada?
- The Great Sports Souvenirs
- The Greatest Sports Hecklers