ToonsTunes Goes Vocal!
SAN RAFAEL, California, July 11, 2011—The popular space-themed virtual world and online music destination for kids, ToonsTunes, is today announcing a membership launch and a host of new features to be added to the world. One feature really has kids talking; singing. Tooners have always been able to create professional sounding music, having created more than 22,000 songs so far, but the only singing that was available was pre-recorded voice samples from other artists. Now, Tooners have a voice.
Paul Bohan the founder and CEO for ToonsTunes added that, “Kids have a blast mixing music and discovering new instruments, but now they can go even further by writing their own lyrics, practicing their vocal skills, and really perfecting the craft. Not only do they get a better feel for how much goes into creating good music, but they also receive positive feedback from other users!”
Song creation on ToonsTunes is a snap. Kids can mix all kinds of instruments ranging from guitar to cowbell and choose from a large collection of genres. With the voice feature kids will be able to sing into a computer microphone and create the sound they want, even if they want to sound like one of the Chipmunks. The possibilities are endless!
As with all things on a site aimed at kids, voice has to be monitored to ensure the safety of the users. Bohan says, “You can’t trust even the most advanced filters to catch everything.” The site has taken extra precaution by ensuring that every song will be listened to and reviewed by a live moderator before entering the ToonsTunes universe.
After making a song users can perform it on stage in front of a ToonsTunes crowd with their band mates or share their creations via email, blogs and Facebook, or even turn it into an mp3. Sharing songs gives users the chance to level up and earn free Dymonz, the sites version of cash. With Dymonz, kids can buy member-only items without an actual membership. If Tooners want access to everything the ToonsTunes world has to offer they can become paid members. The company offers a one-month, three-month, six-month, or twelve-month subscription.
New Membership Features:
- Sing along with your song and even change your voice
- Play the newest multiplayer game
Gain experience points to level up
- Earn or buy Dymonz for rare member only items
- Collect new instruments for your avatar to play
- Choose from even more music in the Mix-O-Matic
- Become the life of the party with our new party packages
- Buy deluxe customizable pods for your avatar to call home
- Get new member only clothes, accessories and furniture
- Customize an alien avatar
- Take care of a platy pet
- Visit stores filled with clothes, accessories and furniture
- Decorate your own pod
- Chat with friends and live moderators
- Play a variety of fun games
- Use the Mix-O-Matic to make music and then share it with the world
- Form a band, Collect instruments and then perform in virtual concerts
Making music is fun! ToonsTunes is the only virtual world for kids that combines social community with the ability to create, share and enjoy music made by others. Playing games and making music earn impressive rewards for your avatar, while utilizing music-sharing features gives players a chance to expand their audience through email and social networks. Based in San Rafael, California, ToonsTunes is run by Connected Studios, Inc.