Olivia Holt Q&A
Teen actress Olivia Holt is karate chopping her way onto Disney XD in the live action comedy Kickin’ It. Olivia plays a martial arts expert who has no problem hanging with the guys on and off the mat. Find out more in her Kidzworld Q&A!
KW: How old are you and where are you from?
- Olivia: I just turned 14 in August, and I was born in Germantown, Tennessee, but moved when I was 3 to Nesbit, Mississippi.
KW: How did you first get into acting?
- Olivia: My older sister Morgan use to write little plays and we would act them out, I loved pretending to be someone else! Then I started doing local theater.
KW: You’re on the Disney XD show Kickin’ it, can you tell us what it’s about?
- Olivia: Yes, It's a live action comedy about Karate, but there is more to it, it's also about how these kids who are all very different but came together in Karate class and became friends.. and how friendship is about honor, loyalty and always being there for one another.
KW: What is your character like? Do you feel like you are similar to her at all?
- Olivia: My character, Kim Crawford is a little bit girly, but has a tomboy attitude. She is definitely very confident and doesn't mind hanging out with the guys. She can go toe to toe with them on pretty much on anything. We are very similar in almost every way, except I'm not quite as tough as her.
KW: What has been your favorite on-set moment so far?
- Olivia: Oh, there have been so many...one of my favorite moments is when Jason was saying a line, and I was joking with him and I said, "I just want to slap you." and he said, "I think you should do it on this next take”. I did and the director/producer kept it in, it was really funny.
KW: What is the best advice you’ve received since starting out?
- Olivia: The best advice I've been given since I started acting is that in a business where there is so much rejection, I must not take it too personally and just do the best I can. After an audition, my mom will usually take me to get yogurt/ice creamand I just go about my day and not think about if I am going to get called back or not.. I just need to leave the audition, with the fact I gave it my all and tried to play the character I believed her to be. It is very important to stay confident and always try to learn more about your craft, without losing yourself or who you are in the process.
KW: What are some of your hobbies outside of acting?
- Olivia: When I am back home in Mississippi, I love to do gymnastics, but when I'm acting, there really is not any time for that. I also love to sing. I have been in the recording studio recently recording some original music.
KW: Who are some actors you look up to?
- Olivia: There are so many talented actresses. A few of my favorites are Natalie Portman, Reese Witherspoon, and Kate Hudson.
KW: Halloween is just around the corner, what are you dressing up as this year?
- Olivia: Ahhh. I love Halloween, It's so much fun to dress up. I'm going to Disneyland with some friends for the "NOT" so scary Halloween party and we are all dressing up like super hero's... I think I'm going to be Batman/women lol. I love Hello Kitty, so on Halloween that's probably what I'm going to be. :)
KW: Who would you ideally like to work with in the future?
- Olivia: I would really like to work with Kate Hudson or Reese Witherspoon, they both have great comedic timing, and I think I could learn a lot from them. Plus, I think it would be really cool to meet them.
Check out this clip from Olivia's new show Kickin' It:
Have Your Say!
Will you be watching Kickin It? Let us know in the comments below!
- All Star Karate::Wii Game Review
- Dear Dish It: I Like A Karate Kid
- Brendan Meyer Q&A
- More Celeb Bios