Comments

Dear Dish-It: My Friend Ignores Me for the Computer

tired of being bored asks: “Whenever I go to my friend’s house she just ignores me for the computer. She has a trampoline … I want to use it! I don’t want to watch her play Sims 3 all day. What should I do?” Back to Article

JennyD
JennyD wrote:
2013-08-23 19:28:37 -0700

Never happened to me

mahtaby
mahtaby wrote:
2013-08-23 18:16:58 -0700

Lol sims 3 I luv tht game but my friend did tht too she was an expert on some Xbox video games and sat all day playin it so freaking out!

chloemay88
chloemay88 wrote:
2013-03-20 11:25:15 -0700

sounds like what i used to do!

cupcakeban
cupcakeban wrote:
2012-08-24 07:12:58 -0700

oh my god i have exact same problem. she stays on the computer, and i ask to go on the trampoline, but every time she says no.

pretty_in_pink11
pretty_in_pink11 wrote:
2012-06-25 20:46:06 -0700

Tell your friend that you want something to do because they are your friend and should understand!!!!

Hershey97
Hershey97 wrote:
2012-04-15 16:31:32 -0700

tell her about it! Say politley that if you come over you want to do something active, not something on a screen

syney
syney wrote:
2012-03-23 08:56:33 -0700

my friennd dose that to me all the time exept with the ipod touch

Nisha to cute to be Bhadd
Nisha to cute to be Bhadd wrote:
2012-03-22 19:15:39 -0700

Nt my frand she nt Lik tht she will give me all da attention I need we played games watched movies had subway pizza n err thang but u need to tell her if yu want me to be ova here widd yu yu need to stop being on the comp. al da time n stop igin me say it n a nice way doe

MissGymnast
MissGymnast wrote:
2012-02-13 15:01:33 -0800

When she does that, tell her that you would rather be doing something more fun. Try to agree on something. But when you then find yourself still watching her, tell her that you have had enough!

pixie britney
pixie britney wrote:
2012-01-29 18:29:40 -0800

Tell her that you feel left out when she is on the computer. And be sure to tell it to her real nice so you and her don't get in a fight. Be sure to tell her that you want her to go outside with you and play on the trampoline.

puregenius
puregenius wrote:
2012-01-15 23:59:11 -0800

My friend used to play on the latop lots as well,
but she got bored coz' I ignored what she was doing...

umbreon2000
umbreon2000 wrote:
2012-01-10 18:27:40 -0800

Hey,hey,hey! DON'T. DISS. SIMS. 3.

mazeylazey
mazeylazey wrote:
2012-01-08 12:47:58 -0800

no why dont you invite her round yours and tell things arent getting the way you plan like tell her imagine me being on the laptop/computer you come over and i am thinking nothing but the laptop/computer and you wanna play something else.
and try to go soft and let her think about it and go back to here.

i hope thats an okay tip smile Wink

warriorcatsrule
warriorcatsrule wrote:
2012-01-07 06:43:49 -0800

try getting her to do something else i totally agree! maybe tell your friend how you feel about it!

livvygirl789
livvygirl789 wrote:
2012-01-06 19:45:47 -0800

or him play it.

livvygirl789
livvygirl789 wrote:
2012-01-06 19:45:03 -0800

sims are cool you should watch her play it for 10 mins or something then she has to play with u on the tramplione for ten mintues

carlycancakes
carlycancakes wrote:
2012-01-06 18:57:33 -0800

ya my friend madison aka mayle17 lies more than my brother well all she does is play the compter its annoying by the way she is not 14 shes 10 and thats not her on her profile

loeydovey4567
loeydovey4567 wrote:
2012-01-05 21:54:58 -0800

hi there im Kirsten and my friends on here dont talk to me

BRYANIAH
BRYANIAH wrote:
2012-01-05 21:53:51 -0800

LIL TREY IGNORING MEH NOW

nicole273
nicole273 wrote:
2012-01-04 17:44:12 -0800

so buy ur self a trapollenn

Are You a Sims Addict?

• No way! I only play a little bit.
  • I don't think so...
  • Totally! I play it all the time.

Micro_prom_micro
Making friends and keeping them is challenging! The cast from Disney's PROM sound-off on how to d...
Micro_friend_micro
bad friend picker asks: "I have a habit of being friends with the biggest jerks! I don't know it ...
Micro_drifting_micro
fallin apart asks: "I've been with my BFF since Pre-K. Now we're going into 5th grade and I'm los...

Boysrock50
Boysrock50 posted in Friends:
The perfect friend would always be there to support you when you have a problem, and will offer to help. The perfect friend is someone who guides you to doing the right things, not the wrong things. They would make the effort to talk to you, not wait for you to contact them first all the time, as friendship should be a 50-50 relationship. They would stay your friend for years, not leave you as soon as they find someone 'cooler'. They won't act different around others to impress them and leave you. They would listen to you just as much as they tell you things. They would turn to you as their first choice, not their reserve choice. But most importantly, the perfect friend would be someone who always makes you happy to be with.
reply about 1 hour
brunostar
brunostar posted in Friends:
You want someone who cares, understands and will be there for you, and not just when you're down. You want someone who makes you smile and laugh at 3 am and you have to try not to giggle in class because of something that happened a weeks ago. Everyone fights, but you don't want someone who you constantly fight with and who makes you feel down or drops your self-esteem. If someone bothers you to do bad stuff, walk the other direction and don't take in the negative force. I'm the type of person that takes people in for who they are, I care and listen and try my best to make them laugh and be happy. I have gotten mixed with bad friends as in talking me into negative things, constantly making me feel down, ditching for other people, insulting other friends. I need to change how I act, I seem to annoy and bother people a lot. And possibly I care too much, I also at times understand too little. I get attached to easily and hurt easily. I don't know what else you asked so imma end this now xD
reply about 1 hour
MissD
MissD posted in Friends:
Describe the perfect friend in your opinion.  In what ways are you a good friend? What do you need to do to become a better friend?  What do you think?
MissD
MissD posted in Friends:
Honestly? They aren't safe for you. Depression is difficult to overcome. Especially when people are negative about it around you. If they refuse to believe you, then there is no point trying to be friends with them again. Some people just don't accept mental problems or swear that they are being faked. I never quite understood why people don't acknowledge it, but whatever. Moving on from that, you should find friends that you don't need to pretend around - depression isn't too uncommon. Look and listen. You'll find the right people - they just proved that they weren't it. No one can go back and make a brand-new start, but anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending!  I really like the post above me, Huntress that was really good advice. I have a theory, there are two kinds of people in the world, Vampires and Sunshine. The vampires, take from us: they suck our self esteem, positive thoughts, smiles, energy.. YUCK. Sunshine on the other hand, gives and gives. You feel warmer just being around sunshine people, they lift you up, remind you about your good qualities, cheer for you and help you be your best most true self.  Here is the other thing about Vampires and Sunshine - Vampires tend to run in packs, they draw their power from taking other peoples away - and IMO they are insatiable. Sunshine people are awesome, even if you only have one in your life - it's enough.  I hope you will look around and see if you can spot the difference, I'd love to know if you have at least one Sunshine person in your life - let go of those horrible vampires, in the end you will feel much better for having made that empowered decision!!  Good Luck!
Huntress