Alexander Newton Q&A
British actor/musician Alexander Newton has been dubbed one of the faces to watch this year by magazines and gossip blogs. His new movie Justice/Vengeance, a thriller set in World War II, is about to hit theaters in North America at the end of this month. Find out more about him in this Kidzworld Q&A!
Alex doesn't just act, he also makes music
photo by Robert Shnider
In Justice/Vengeance Alexander got to work with his dad, Joshua Newton
KW: How old are you and where are you from?
- Alexander: I’m 19 years old and I’m from London, England.
KW: How did you first become involved in acting?
- Alexander: I was a toddler, my dad was making a TV show presented by kids and he casted my friend and I. It was really fun from what I remember, and I fell in love with the camera.
KW: You star in the film Justice/Vengeance, what is it about?
- Alexander: Justice/Vengeance is a revenge thriller with a tragic love story and strong messages about racism and prejudice. The story is told in 1941 and modern times.
KW: What is your character like, do you feel you relate to them strongly?
- Alexander: Joseph escapes the murder of his family and sets out on a journey to find inner peace. Two-time Oscar nominee Roy Scheider plays the older version of the character and does a phenomenal job. When building the character I was able to draw on what I knew about the era and what people in his shoes went through. Whenever dealing with a story that's so tragic, one really can't help but become emotionally attached.
KW: What was your favorite part of filming?
- Alexander: Getting to work with my dad every single day, learning all about the way films are made, working with great actors. The whole thing!
KW: You’re also a musician, how would you describe your sound?
- Alexander: Forever evolving.
KW: What is something most people don’t know about you?
- Alexander: I have a desire to build and fly jet planes.
KW: Do you have any hobbies?
- Alexander: Besides building planes?! Haha. I'm actually very lucky to get paid for my hobbies. However I did just get a Nintendo 3DS so if I become a pro gamer - blame Mario!
KW: What is the best advice you’ve received since becoming an actor?
- Alexander: "Acting is a child-like belief in the make believe" - Roy Scheider.
KW: Are you working on anything/filming anything right now?
- Alexander: I'm producing and recording an album with some great people and prepping to film a number of movies in 2012.
Band: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band - A.K.A - well you know....
Movie: Friends With Benefits
Sport: Extreme Motor Home Racing
Color: Blurple, but speaking from a quantum perspective, pure light because it contains every color. Some may say.. it's a supercolor.