Comments

Dear Dish-It: I Want to Be Popular

Em asks: “I really want to be popular, but I’m not sure how! Can you help?” Back to Article

ilovepupsandanime
ilovepupsandanime wrote:
2012-03-29 02:48:38 -0700

I agree with auralee. Popularity is not important. You will have lots of friends if you are an honest and caring friend smile
At least, that's what my counselor told me.

Rainbow_Chika132
Rainbow_Chika132 wrote:
2012-03-28 20:07:50 -0700

Just be yr self maybe then ull get a chance smile

auralee_2075283
auralee_2075283 wrote:
2012-03-27 07:24:18 -0700

Popularity is a state of mind. You don't have to be the most popular girl in the entire school, be popular in your group of friends if it's THAT important. But popularity isn't as wonderful as it seems. You feel as-if you always have to impress people. In my school, there isn't really a "queen bee" we all just go around in our group of friends and have FUN. But if you want to be the queen bee, get a nice wardrobe, get confident, and approach people and talk. they'll HAVE to talk back.:P

Mae426
Mae426 wrote:
2012-03-25 12:12:30 -0700

I know how you feel I feel like I'm invisable

elephantsandcandy
elephantsandcandy wrote:
2012-03-24 18:14:34 -0700

i would hate being popular. I have my friends and I'm good with that. Being popular, you have to sit at their table and cuss all the time. I would hate it

Uhmazzin
Uhmazzin wrote:
2012-03-24 14:37:05 -0700

I am the most popular kid in school. Everyone think its just a breeze being popular but sometimes it gets annoying like everytime I make up like a unique style the girls copy it. You have to worry about how you look becasue there are haters that try to find just one little thing wrong about you and everyone thinks you should always be perfect Being popular isn't so easy after all TBH

Emosky490
Emosky490 wrote:
2012-03-24 12:51:43 -0700

it doesnt matter if ur popular or not u still have friends to feel popular

quandra*bhadd_2021551
quandra*bhadd_2021551 wrote:
2012-03-23 22:05:33 -0700

Err'Body Ahtt School Know Mee As Purplee Lips,, Or Lips lol Iii Guess I Call Itt Likee I See Ihtt

strongest_man2_1987752
strongest_man2_1987752 wrote:
2012-03-23 21:59:16 -0700

I am popular in school and in Iowa or the mid western area of the USA and Tyler(my bro or Hades

OliviaLikesJellyBeans2000
OliviaLikesJellyBeans2000 wrote:
2012-03-23 19:15:27 -0700

Popularity isn't every thing people wanna be popular so that can become snobby little brats that make fun of other people I just don't get it'!

rockstar79
rockstar79 wrote:
2012-03-23 15:14:29 -0700

being popular is not everything people think it is but its really not if you become popular people are just gonna stare at you all the time follow you every where you go its really weird

XxLove'sRushxX
XxLove'sRushxX wrote:
2012-03-23 14:18:23 -0700

Who would you even want to be popular? I mean most of the friends that you think are your friends are really just people who only stand by your side so they seem popular. Hang out with the "Not So Popular Crowed" they may seem like losers but really the are the best friends you can have.

prettywomanisme
prettywomanisme wrote:
2012-03-23 04:52:12 -0700

It's not weird!

funchaser
funchaser wrote:
2012-03-22 12:01:14 -0700

i dont wanna be popular its weird having everyone stare at u its creepy

ILY Tanya ILY
ILY Tanya ILY wrote:
2012-03-22 10:56:10 -0700

LOL Nice Daniel I would hate being Popular Ugg it's so annouying

243carlos24
243carlos24 wrote:
2012-03-21 19:07:07 -0700

School i dont really have friends a prefer to be alone...

Cute Fluffy Puppies 2000
Cute Fluffy Puppies 2000 wrote:
2012-03-21 05:27:25 -0700

Think of it this way.....everyone is popular. Just in their own way. I didn't think I was popular, but I am. Just in my own way.

Daniel.Loves.Yhew
Daniel.Loves.Yhew wrote:
2012-03-20 21:06:17 -0700

yes, being popular in 6th grade must be very stressful..

bluebelle601
bluebelle601 wrote:
2012-03-20 17:58:42 -0700

just b urself if u have real friends than ur popular enough

Nebrea
Nebrea wrote:
2012-03-20 11:31:14 -0700

omg being popular is crazy

Who's the Coolest Kid in Your School?

• The sports star.
  • The head cheerleader.
  • The class president.
  • The class clown.

Micro_a micro
I have become very serious about gymnastics in the past year. I train twenty plus hours a week al...
I have a really huge crush on this boy in my class. But he is so much more popular than me. He ju...
I used to be good friends with this girl, but now she is mean to me because she has better and mo...

american_brit
american_brit posted in Friends:
Hi Jaera!      sisihastwobunnies is right. It's perfectly fine for you to have a crush, but you're a little young for a "love life." Don't worry though! Someday, if it's meant to be (Ha ^-^) you'll find the one who's just right for you. Until then, it's great to have good guy friends -and in years to come if one of those friendships develop into something more, then props to you (:  Future advice: You have to understand that feelings aren't always mutual. You may like someone and they'll see you only as a friend -or vice versa.  THIS IS OKAY.  It may hurt, but that's just proof that you'll have to move on. Something better is ahead,  you simply haven't gotten there yet (: Having patience can be hard, but it's worth it. Good luck! -And I hoped this helped!                                    Wishing you the best,                                             american_brit ^-^
hugebear
hugebear posted in Family Issues:
I want to own a pony  You want to own a pony it was dirty and smelly  All animals has their own unique smell and its how animals smell. You was feeling ill so it could of smelt even worse I felt low in the class You was ill and its understandable that you was feeling awful I feel really nervous about going tomorrow for a proper riding day. Me suggestion is to ask the stables for the horse you would feel more comfortables riding I think it's 8 hours 15 minutes!  I knows you think there wont be breaks but there will be and probably about every hour or so.  Dont worry about this. Yay you got all jodphurs and boots and your all set. Me suggestion is go along tomorrow and relax and enjoy it.  Sure it does costs money to go there but your parents wouldnt be organising it if they hadnt got the money to pay.  If you doesnt like it after you tried it then say you dont wanna go again. It does sounds epical though and good luck for tomorrow  :angel
ElfyKathy
I went to own a pony day but I got the start of a short illness and I was scared and it was dirty and smelly and I felt low in the class but I was oldest on the biggest horse and now I feel really nervous about going tomorrow for a proper riding day. I think it's 8 hours 15 minutes! That's like, school with no break or lunch and four extra lessons! I acted excited cause I got rosettes and lollies and mum took me out for jodpurs and boots but now I feel a bit sick and tight and wobbly even though it was fun on wednesday and I have 3 sort of friends there already and the horse I rode, Bob, was great! Mum's in Wales and having a nice time so I don't want to dull her and I talked to Dad but he said 'don't worry I don't know what mum will think sorry'. I don't want to say no or quit later on cause: I'll feel bad to Bob The stables is just up the road so when I see the owner (who's real nice to me) or the instructor (who's at my school) I'll feel bad for saying no I don't want to join you I feel like mum will be disappointed cause she used to adore riding and had 2 horses and a pony I always begged to ride since I was 3 and so it's been over a decade! It costs cash. Cash, cash, cash. From mum and dad's pockets. Cash.
american_brit
american_brit posted in Friends:
"noordinarygirl" wrote: Have you ever heard the saying, "Life is not about finding yourself, but creating yourself"? You already have traits, quirks, gifts, and talents put in you by God, and you just need to "put yourself out there" to discover what they are and what you can do with them. Don't worry so much about knowing who you are right now, you'll find that out in time. Just try to become the best you can be with what you have." Exactly ^-^ I don't think I could explain it any better. "_ALizB_" wrote:So pretty much what y'all are saying is, give it time?  Basically. Take time to learn about yourself. *What do you like to do? *What're dreams? *What're you scared of? *What makes you laugh? *What upsets you? *Are you happy? Why or why not? *What would you like to change? Can you? If so, what're you going to do about it? *Etcetera *Etcetera Life's a time to ask questions. You have to understand though, it doesn't always offer clear answers -but they're there; not always easily seen, but always there.
hugebear
hugebear posted in Friends:
Ello and Im sorry for saying this but from what you has said so far you hardly knows either of them.  You like them cos of how they look. Me advise is get to know both of them and be the friends first and see what happens if something happens and how your feelings evolves. Take your time and good luck :) :love