Comments

Dear Dish-It: I Want to Be Popular

Em asks: “I really want to be popular, but I’m not sure how! Can you help?” Back to Article

ilovepupsandanime
ilovepupsandanime wrote:
2012-03-29 02:48:38 -0700

I agree with auralee. Popularity is not important. You will have lots of friends if you are an honest and caring friend smile
At least, that's what my counselor told me.

Rainbow_Chika132
Rainbow_Chika132 wrote:
2012-03-28 20:07:50 -0700

Just be yr self maybe then ull get a chance smile

auralee_2075283
auralee_2075283 wrote:
2012-03-27 07:24:18 -0700

Popularity is a state of mind. You don't have to be the most popular girl in the entire school, be popular in your group of friends if it's THAT important. But popularity isn't as wonderful as it seems. You feel as-if you always have to impress people. In my school, there isn't really a "queen bee" we all just go around in our group of friends and have FUN. But if you want to be the queen bee, get a nice wardrobe, get confident, and approach people and talk. they'll HAVE to talk back.:P

Mae426
Mae426 wrote:
2012-03-25 12:12:30 -0700

I know how you feel I feel like I'm invisable

elephantsandcandy
elephantsandcandy wrote:
2012-03-24 18:14:34 -0700

i would hate being popular. I have my friends and I'm good with that. Being popular, you have to sit at their table and cuss all the time. I would hate it

Uhmazzin
Uhmazzin wrote:
2012-03-24 14:37:05 -0700

I am the most popular kid in school. Everyone think its just a breeze being popular but sometimes it gets annoying like everytime I make up like a unique style the girls copy it. You have to worry about how you look becasue there are haters that try to find just one little thing wrong about you and everyone thinks you should always be perfect Being popular isn't so easy after all TBH

Emosky490
Emosky490 wrote:
2012-03-24 12:51:43 -0700

it doesnt matter if ur popular or not u still have friends to feel popular

quandra*bhadd_2021551
quandra*bhadd_2021551 wrote:
2012-03-23 22:05:33 -0700

Err'Body Ahtt School Know Mee As Purplee Lips,, Or Lips lol Iii Guess I Call Itt Likee I See Ihtt

strongest_man2_1987752
strongest_man2_1987752 wrote:
2012-03-23 21:59:16 -0700

I am popular in school and in Iowa or the mid western area of the USA and Tyler(my bro or Hades

OliviaLikesJellyBeans2000
OliviaLikesJellyBeans2000 wrote:
2012-03-23 19:15:27 -0700

Popularity isn't every thing people wanna be popular so that can become snobby little brats that make fun of other people I just don't get it'!

rockstar79
rockstar79 wrote:
2012-03-23 15:14:29 -0700

being popular is not everything people think it is but its really not if you become popular people are just gonna stare at you all the time follow you every where you go its really weird

XxLove'sRushxX
XxLove'sRushxX wrote:
2012-03-23 14:18:23 -0700

Who would you even want to be popular? I mean most of the friends that you think are your friends are really just people who only stand by your side so they seem popular. Hang out with the "Not So Popular Crowed" they may seem like losers but really the are the best friends you can have.

prettywomanisme
prettywomanisme wrote:
2012-03-23 04:52:12 -0700

It's not weird!

funchaser
funchaser wrote:
2012-03-22 12:01:14 -0700

i dont wanna be popular its weird having everyone stare at u its creepy

ILY Tanya ILY
ILY Tanya ILY wrote:
2012-03-22 10:56:10 -0700

LOL Nice Daniel I would hate being Popular Ugg it's so annouying

243carlos24
243carlos24 wrote:
2012-03-21 19:07:07 -0700

School i dont really have friends a prefer to be alone...

Cute Fluffy Puppies 2000
Cute Fluffy Puppies 2000 wrote:
2012-03-21 05:27:25 -0700

Think of it this way.....everyone is popular. Just in their own way. I didn't think I was popular, but I am. Just in my own way.

Daniel.Loves.Yhew
Daniel.Loves.Yhew wrote:
2012-03-20 21:06:17 -0700

yes, being popular in 6th grade must be very stressful..

bluebelle601
bluebelle601 wrote:
2012-03-20 17:58:42 -0700

just b urself if u have real friends than ur popular enough

Nebrea
Nebrea wrote:
2012-03-20 11:31:14 -0700

omg being popular is crazy

Who's the Coolest Kid in Your School?

• The sports star.
  • The head cheerleader.
  • The class president.
  • The class clown.

Micro_a micro
I have become very serious about gymnastics in the past year. I train twenty plus hours a week al...
I have a really huge crush on this boy in my class. But he is so much more popular than me. He ju...
I used to be good friends with this girl, but now she is mean to me because she has better and mo...

american_brit
american_brit posted in Friends:
I don't think she's jealous -if so it's not to a point where she's angry with you. She's probably just sad because she's been trying so hard -for what seems like a fairly decent time now- to be a good singer. Having a best friend who is a good singer and is acknowledged for it might just be hard for her right now. *Try talking to her -don't ask her if she's jealous, ask her if she's okay. *Point out things she's good at -not randomly  though... if it comes up in the moment.  Ex: She's creative and good at making crafts. Compliment her. "Oh, that's really cute. Seriously!? How do you make these things?" *Do something fun with her -let her know that's she amazing just the way she is. I really hope this helps! ^-^
DJwwjd
DJwwjd posted in Family Issues:
coolness just making sure lol :3 derp
greatworldatlas
I really didn't know.
DJwwjd
DJwwjd posted in Family Issues:
np! I think I'm confused was that a joke or did you really not know?
B-who-u-r-and-SING
Well I don't think I can ask her because I can't really say "Hey are you jealous because I can sing better than you?" That would just make her plain mad at me, she does seem disappointed, if I don't walk up to her and start talking to her she would probably act like I'm not even there!