Comments

Dear Dish-It: I Want to Be Popular

Em asks: “I really want to be popular, but I’m not sure how! Can you help?” Back to Article

MZ.RAY RAY #1
MZ.RAY RAY #1 wrote:
2013-04-02 21:28:26 -0700

u dnt have to be dumb to be popular jst be you

becca.makes.u.smile
becca.makes.u.smile wrote:
2013-04-02 21:04:35 -0700

Okay, all I got to say is being popular is pathetic. I am an outcast and proud!!!!

flirtaddict
flirtaddict wrote:
2013-04-02 21:04:33 -0700

I knowww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss_Naterbugs
Miss_Naterbugs wrote:
2013-04-02 21:02:42 -0700

Well people would label me as "popular" but seriously it's not like there's a chart just hang out with who you like and you will become popular in that certain group of friends

flirtaddict
flirtaddict wrote:
2013-04-02 20:46:41 -0700

think about it... being popular means giving up who you really are. you become a fake person to make everyone else like you. popularity isn't worth loosing your self. you can be popular but be you, always

greenpig87
greenpig87 wrote:
2013-03-13 16:42:04 -0700

I'm not popular, and I like it that way

AriannaWWE
AriannaWWE wrote:
2013-03-13 16:35:16 -0700

I'm known around school the most, only because I'm a very happy person. I wouldn't say I'm popular although. Any way, I don't care about being popular. All I care is having great friends.

kerilover123
kerilover123 wrote:
2013-02-16 21:12:38 -0800

I agree!

kerilover123
kerilover123 wrote:
2013-02-16 21:12:11 -0800

some of my friends are popular but sometimes they are mean to me. they call me names and call other ppl nasty names too. should I end our friendship or we should keep being friends. like, totes major

nyesha1234
nyesha1234 wrote:
2013-02-10 07:36:13 -0800

Being popular is about being yourself and doing your own thing. And not caring about what other people gotta say. Being popular is about being a leader and having people follow you. It's not about how much money u have or who u go out wit. It's just being free and being yourself. #juss saying

nyesha1234
nyesha1234 wrote:
2013-02-10 07:36:05 -0800

Mamma.557
Mamma.557 wrote:
2013-02-10 07:29:28 -0800

Being popular is umm. I think hard because ummmmmmmmm.... I don't know

priya16
priya16 wrote:
2013-02-10 07:26:36 -0800

I agree with dear dish it ......being popular is just...uhh....some people just wants to be friend with u cuz u r popular .....what the .......!!

crazy trust
crazy trust wrote:
2012-10-28 05:29:23 -0700

doesn't popular mean Liked, admired, or enjoyed by many people or by a particular person or group? if your nice to everyone they will like you and then you will be popular lol just have fun with the people you care about

lateraaaaa
lateraaaaa wrote:
2012-09-09 07:25:24 -0700

in my opinion, popular girls and boys dont have
good impressions from others. others (including
me) think that the popular girls in my school are
bad--which is true. but if you want to be the kind
popular, share your talents and be kind, thats all =) be known of your kindness in short

shellstar16
shellstar16 wrote:
2012-09-02 15:44:38 -0700

being popular is a waist of earthly time and people need to start focusing on other things than being popular.

jmariah
jmariah wrote:
2012-09-02 15:02:10 -0700

The popular girl in my school is extremely rude I mean there are lots of popular girls and every
one of them think their so pretty and cool but
their not their all just wannabes

lovelyashley
lovelyashley wrote:
2012-08-16 14:49:22 -0700

i used to be i guess the girl that was kinda known but not the most popular... now that i am i realized being its like getting to go to the prom with the cutest guy and realizing its not that great so popularity doesnt matter all you need area few close friends smile

haters_hater
haters_hater wrote:
2012-08-05 23:30:35 -0700

ur right!! it's so true!

babyangel16
babyangel16 wrote:
2012-08-05 17:48:05 -0700

the most popular kid in my school is the girl thats a snob and is mean to everyone so just like in those tv shows

Who's the Coolest Kid in Your School?

• The sports star.
  • The head cheerleader.
  • The class president.
  • The class clown.

Micro_a micro
I have become very serious about gymnastics in the past year. I train twenty plus hours a week al...
I have a really huge crush on this boy in my class. But he is so much more popular than me. He ju...
I used to be good friends with this girl, but now she is mean to me because she has better and mo...

John Appetite
John Appetite posted in Friends:
"FloraTheWolf" wrote:One thing that I have noticed is that a lot of people seem to think they should have a boyfriend or a girlfriend as soon as possible, but they don't need to until its the right time just for them. You don't have to be forced to fall in love with someone if you don't want to. Let love come in its own time.And to keep away from any problems with her if she may become mean, try just forgetting about what happened and treat her like a normal person you know, and try to avoid any arguments. If she becomes mean, maybe just walk away for a bit. And if she is still being mean, maybe confront her asking what you have ever done to make her this way towards you. If you have done nothing, then she will have no reason to be mad at you so its not your problem she is being mean so you don't have to be stressed about it.I hope this helps! :) Thanks for the advice. This takes a burden off of my head. "Bloody Wings" wrote:ignore her be the cool kind of guy dont talk to her even if she comes and talk with you.well thats my opinion Thanks for the advice. Now I know the appropriate reaction. "Dear Dish-It" wrote: Hi there! My most important advice would be to be yourself! live your life! do the things you want to do. If you've moved past what happened with your feelings for one another, just go and enjoy your time. If things are weird, it'll be because of her, not you. Stay positive and calm and I'm sure you'll have fun!   Hope you have a good time! Thanks for helping me out Dish-It. You did not only help me out, but also wished me well. You are more like a care-taker, and you made me feel good. Thank you. Moderators can now lock the topic please.
Dear Dish-It
Dear Dish-It posted in Friends:
cargirl296
cargirl296 posted in Style:
I think that rubber band bracelets are totally in right now. And they are easy to make on a loom! Head scarves are also in as well. Hope you found this helpful!
Dear Dish-It
Wow! This sounds so frustrating! Maybe talk to your mom about what's going on. Ask her why she's doing it. She might just be worried about your safety online. More and more there are unsafe people talking to kids on the internet. I'm sure your mom just has your best interest at heart. See if you two can agree on how to keep you safe online!   Good luck!
Bloody Wings
Bloody Wings posted in Friends:
ignore her be the cool kind of guy dont talk to her even if she comes and talk with you. well thats my opinion