Comments

Dear Dish-It: My Parents Don’t Support Me

Gigalith asks: “I’ve always wanted to be a singer. A close friend of mine says my singing is very good. But I don’t want to sing to my parents; they aren’t supportive at all. What should I do?” Back to Article

DisneyanimeLover
DisneyanimeLover wrote:
2014-07-13 16:23:35 -0700

I have the opposite problem

MonasYou
MonasYou wrote:
2014-06-27 01:44:21 -0700

Singing is my passion :3

Missmoo12
Missmoo12 wrote:
2014-03-09 13:24:40 -0700

my parents love my singing there verry supportive

hellohayhi23
hellohayhi23 wrote:
2014-03-08 16:17:44 -0800

dont say that once they see how great u r they will be super supportive like mine

aubzzz13
aubzzz13 wrote:
2014-03-08 16:15:54 -0800

omg same here. I want to be a singer but my parents don't like me singing around them and don't support me at all. so its kinda hard to take singing lessons.

Kahalisia
Kahalisia wrote:
2013-12-30 21:09:59 -0800

i think you should just persue your dreams eventully youre parents will see how important it is to you hope i helped,

briwuvsu
briwuvsu wrote:
2013-12-01 11:00:20 -0800

it calles life hun..parents dont support anything ;D

AngelThumbelina
AngelThumbelina wrote:
2013-11-15 20:52:58 -0800

ma parents let me do ma fave things but they r not happy with it for sure..... Frustrated

zainah3

adora12 wrote:
2013-10-13 19:27:21 -0700

hmm..

miz-wolf1
miz-wolf1 wrote:
2013-09-05 18:21:50 -0700

I have the same problem. Frustrated

JennyD

xXawesomeXx1000 wrote:
2013-03-04 05:14:57 -0800

bang them out then

kirstinya
kirstinya wrote:
2013-02-25 03:24:33 -0800

try your best.. you know i couldn't do any gymnastics but i never gave up

kirstinya
kirstinya wrote:
2013-02-25 03:23:10 -0800

Dont listen to your parents. you have got every
right to have your own life but if they don't
support you then just follow your dreams and
never give up ...... please do not let anything get
in your way

Fame - What Would Bug U the Most?

• Having people know about my love life.
  • People watchin' me while I eat.
  • Takin' my pic on a bad hair day.
  • Nothin', I'm an attention freak. I'd love it all!

Want to be like Mike... or Tiger or Ronaldo? Find out how to turn your love of t...
Imagine auditioning for a Harry Potter movie or the next big action flick with Vin Diesel? Open c...
Imagine a job where you tour with *NSYNC and watch other pop stars audition. Before you apply, kn...

Le-Jack
Le-Jack posted in Friends:
Thank you so much for all your answers :D i talked to max and we talked and we are back to normal and he even noticed that luna is bad news and he told her they can be freinds but no more cos she has a bf so he actually noticed that it was wrong what they did so im happy :D Thanks for your advice guys
Charulata
Charulata posted in Style:
Hey friends. These are nice company's. Which one you will vote between them? Choose one of them.. I choose Lakme :D Post your favorite company between these two.
reply about 1 hour
ILMDGRL
ILMDGRL posted in Friends:
I think the title is fairly self explanatory. I don't know how to explain self harm scars and cuts to my friends (don't even get me started on my father) without having them completely freak out on me or think I'm a total basket case. I can't hide most the scars and cuts given their placement. I'd also like to know how to explain it to a friend's parent bc I know that will be a problem too. - (Note: I'm not insane. Just have been a tough time lately and I snapped under too much pressure. I'm not a danger to myself anymore. End of story.) - I don't like to go into detail when discussing my self harm and why I did it, but I know my friends are very inquisitive like their parents. I just want to know how to ride out the conversation and would appreciate any help in the matter. Thanks!
smurfetblue
smurfetblue posted in Friends:
i sorry to hear abou that, i get bullied also and i know how that feels when no one talk to you or helps you...hope things get better for you
jordand08
jordand08 posted in Friends:
"AlphaT" wrote:I have thought a lot on suicide...and people in my family have attempted to do so....And I can say with all certainty, it is stupid. But you're not in your right mind when you make that decision, or even think about it seriously.Bullying can lead to suicide, but I urge everyone thinking about it to also think of the good in their life. Exactly, because, I promise, life gets better. Even when it seems like it's not, it does, in the darkest part of your life, you'll find the hope that you lost.