How to Make a Jewelry Holder
Have you ever had your jewelry in such a tangle you decided to give up untying all the knots and just leave the mess for another time? Maybe it’s been a while since that time has come and your jewelry is still in a tangle. Here are some jewelry holder designs for you to try.
Use Cool Doorknobs to Hang Your Necklaces Courtesy of visiblymoved.blogspot.ca
Make Your Jewelry Hanger Your Own Courtesy of hellothula.blogspot.ca
A Frame Lace Earring Holder Courtesy of etsy.com
Lace and Embroidery Hoop Earring Holder Courtesy of etsy.com bonitabellita
These are two simple projects for a necklace holder and an earring holder to help you untangle the mess and add a homemade and artsy touch to your bedroom or bathroom. Plus you get to display your jewelry even when you’re not wearing it!
Use salvaged doorknobs to easily organize your necklaces. You can find glass or metal doorknobs of all shapes and sizes at thrift stores or hardware stores.
What You’ll Need:
- A flat piece of wood (something painted or driftwood from the beach)
- Doorknobs (as many as you need or will fit on the piece of wood you want to use)
- A drill (if you need it, someone to help you with the drill)
- Nails to attach the board to the wall.
What To Do:
- Measure the size of the doorknob screws and drill the appropriate size hole for each knob in the piece of wood. If you are not experienced with a drill this would be the time to get an expert to help and supervise.
- Screw the doorknobs into the drill holes.
- Attach the piece of wood to the wall where you want it to hang by hanging it on nails or another type of wall hanger.
- Untangle your mass of necklaces and hang them up!
Keeping a pair of earrings and their backings all straight can be an even bigger task than keeping necklaces untangled just because they’re so small. This lace earring holder is perfect for organizing, displaying and maintaining your earrings, both studs and drops. When the lace is taut you can see the beautiful pattern and the soft fabric is gentle on the metal of your earrings.
What You’ll Need:
- An empty frame or an embroidery hoop
- Piece of lace
- flat thumbtacks (these will only be used for the frame project!)
What To Do:
- If you want to paint or decorate your frame or embroidery hoop do so now and let it dry completely.
- Measure and cut the lace to fit the size and shape of your frame or embroidery hoop.
- If you’re using a frame: Stretch the lace across the back of the frame and with the flat thumbtacks secure it to the frame.
- If you’re using an embroidery hoop: Stretch the lace between the 2 hoops and clamp the hoops together.
- Arrange your earrings in the lace, hang the frame or embroidery hoop on the wall and enjoy!
Have Your Say
Have you ever lost a favorite piece of jewelry? What was it and how’d you lose it? Share your stories in the comments section below.
- Interior Design :: Clutter Solutions
- Interior Design - Art for your Walls
- Interior Design – Decorate Your Picture Frames