Kacey Rohl Q&A
Up-and-coming Canadian actress Kacey Rohl got her big break when she was cast alongside Amanda Seyfried in Red Riding Hood and now she’s the star of the heartwarming horse movie Flicka: Country Pride. Find out more about her in her Kidzworld Q&A!
The best part of filming F:CP was riding everyday says Kacey
Kacey had her big break in Red Riding Hood
Kidzworld: How old are you and where are you from?
- Kacey Rohl: I’m 20 years old and I’m from Vancouver, British Columbia.
KW: What originally made you want to act?
- Kacey: I grew up around it, my mom is a playwright and my dad is a film director so I grew up hanging out with a lot of actors. I don’t remember a specific moment where I was like “yes this is what I want to do”, but I would always be on stage during my mom’s rehearsals, it was just sort of a natural progression.
KW: What was your favorite part of filming Flicka: Country Pride?
- Kacey: My favorite part was that I got to ride everyday and my favorite scene, I like the dance scene, I got to just hang out all day which was sweet, and I get to run! I get to run away when she pushes me into the cake!.
KW: How do you relate to your character in Flicka?
- Kacey: I definitely beat myself up sometimes for things that aren’t really my fault, I’ve been really blessed to not have anything quite as tragic as what happened to her happen to me, I definitely take on things that aren’t my thing. I deal with things by dancing or running and doing something physical and she rides.
KW: You have had many TV and film roles already, what has been your favorite role so far?
- Kacey: Probably this one honestly, I got to learn how to ride and I d never really ridden that much before, so that was fantastic and it was the most I had ever been trusted with in terms of the size of the role. And I met so many good people, so many friends from there.
KW: You’ve cast in the film Taken Aback, what is it about?
- Kacey: Oh I just wrapped that a couple weeks ago, it’s about a young girl who is kidnapped and raised in an entirely different home and when she’s 15 years old her real mother comes back and finds her and everything just explodes, it’s very dramatic. It’s pretty hardcore!
KW: Who do you look up to in the acting world?
- Kacey: I respect a ton of different actors for many different reasons, in terms of humanitarian stuff I think what Angelina Jolie does is amazing, that she can balance all that. In terms of careers all the Kates: Cate Blanchette, Kate Winslet, also Jodie Foster - all these really strong talented women that own all their feelings – I like those ladies the best.
KW: What is the best piece of advice you’ve received since starting out?
- Kacey: Trust yourself and trust the people you’re working with and know that whatever you do and wherever you go you’re always going to be safe.
KW: What’s something most people don’t know about you?
- Kacey: I play the ukulele! I play dream a little dream of me, it’s my standby!
KW: What kind of roles would you like in the future?
- Kacey: I’m sort of interested in everything, I just love my job so funny things, dramatic things, weird wacky things-I’m game for anything!
Book: The Bell Jar
Hobby: The ukulele
Have Your Say
What do you think of Kacey Rohl? Let us know in the comments section below!