Miley Cyrus Fun Facts!
Miley Cyrus shot to teen stardom as Hannah Montana, and proved herself as both a singing sensation and an actress, and more recently announced her engagement to boyfriend Liam Hemsworth! Find out more about her in Miley Cyrus Fun Facts!
Did You Know…
- Born November 23rd 1992 in Nashville, Tennesee.
- Her father is famous country singer Billy Ray Cyrus.
- The Queen of country music Dolly Parton is her godmother.
- Her birth name is Destiny Hope, her parents gave her that name because they knew she was destined for great things.
- The name Miley comes from a shortening of “smiley”, which was her nickname as a baby for smiling so much!
- She suffers from a mild heart condition called Tachycardia which is not fatal.
- She was very close with her grandfather politician Ronal Ray Cyrus and added “Ray” as her middle name in honor of him.
- When she was 8 years old she moved with her family to Toronto, Canada while her dad was filming Doc, and seeing her dad on set and attending a performance of the hit musical Mamma Mia inspired her to act.
- When Miley was 11 she heard about the Disney casting for Hannah Montana, all about a girl with a secret double life as a pop star.
- Originally the casting agents for Hannah Montana thought Miley was too small and too young for the part, but they kept inviting her back because they loved her singing voice.
- Hannah Montana was an instant hit, debuting with one of the largest audiences the Disney Channel had ever had in 2006.
- She became the first artist to have deals with Disney in television, film, music and consumer products due to Hannah Montana’s popularity.
- Her second studio album Breakout was released under own name instead of Hannah Montana’s, and included the hit single “7 Things”.
- She is the voice of Penny in the computer animated 2008 film Bolt.
- In 2009 she published a memoir titled Miles to Go.
- Novelist Nicolas Sparks was commissioned to write a film for her when she decided she wanted to move away from doing just musicals, the movie turned into Last Song.
- Her album Time of Our Lives, featuring the hit single “Party in the U.S.A” was released in conjuction with a clothing line co-designed by Miley and Max Azria for Walmart.
- The 4th and final season of Hannah Montana started filming in January 2010.
- She released her third studio album Can’t Be Tamed in Jun 2010.
- After the Haiti Earthquake Miley contributed to two charity singles, “We Are the World: 25 for Haiti” and “Everybody Hurts”.
- Miley is a baptised Christian.
- She had a show on YouTube with best friend Many Jiroux called “They Miley and Mandy” show.
- She ended her relationship with model Justin Gaston shortly before filming Last Song, where she met her next boyfriend, Australian actor Liam Hemsworth.
- She and Liam Hemsworth recently announced their engagement!
Have Your Say
What do you think of Miley Cyrus? Let us know in the comments section below!