Miley Cyrus Fun Facts!
Miley Cyrus shot to teen stardom as Hannah Montana, and proved herself as both a singing sensation and an actress, and more recently announced her engagement to boyfriend Liam Hemsworth! Find out more about her in Miley Cyrus Fun Facts!
Did You Know…
- Born November 23rd 1992 in Nashville, Tennesee.
- Her father is famous country singer Billy Ray Cyrus.
- The Queen of country music Dolly Parton is her godmother.
- Her birth name is Destiny Hope, her parents gave her that name because they knew she was destined for great things.
- The name Miley comes from a shortening of “smiley”, which was her nickname as a baby for smiling so much!
- She suffers from a mild heart condition called Tachycardia which is not fatal.
- She was very close with her grandfather politician Ronal Ray Cyrus and added “Ray” as her middle name in honor of him.
- When she was 8 years old she moved with her family to Toronto, Canada while her dad was filming Doc, and seeing her dad on set and attending a performance of the hit musical Mamma Mia inspired her to act.
- When Miley was 11 she heard about the Disney casting for Hannah Montana, all about a girl with a secret double life as a pop star.
- Originally the casting agents for Hannah Montana thought Miley was too small and too young for the part, but they kept inviting her back because they loved her singing voice.
- Hannah Montana was an instant hit, debuting with one of the largest audiences the Disney Channel had ever had in 2006.
- She became the first artist to have deals with Disney in television, film, music and consumer products due to Hannah Montana’s popularity.
- Her second studio album Breakout was released under own name instead of Hannah Montana’s, and included the hit single “7 Things”.
- She is the voice of Penny in the computer animated 2008 film Bolt.
- In 2009 she published a memoir titled Miles to Go.
- Novelist Nicolas Sparks was commissioned to write a film for her when she decided she wanted to move away from doing just musicals, the movie turned into Last Song.
- Her album Time of Our Lives, featuring the hit single “Party in the U.S.A” was released in conjuction with a clothing line co-designed by Miley and Max Azria for Walmart.
- The 4th and final season of Hannah Montana started filming in January 2010.
- She released her third studio album Can’t Be Tamed in Jun 2010.
- After the Haiti Earthquake Miley contributed to two charity singles, “We Are the World: 25 for Haiti” and “Everybody Hurts”.
- Miley is a baptised Christian.
- She had a show on YouTube with best friend Many Jiroux called “They Miley and Mandy” show.
- She ended her relationship with model Justin Gaston shortly before filming Last Song, where she met her next boyfriend, Australian actor Liam Hemsworth.
- Miley and Liam Hemsworth announced their engagement in June 2012, and called it off in September 2013!
Have Your Say
What do you think of Miley Cyrus? Let us know in the comments section below!