Demi Lovato Fun Facts!
Pop star Demi Lovato recently signed on as a judge onThe X-Factor, but her journey to the top includes starring on a hit Disney sitcom, movies and releasing 3 albums that reached the Top 10 on the Billboard chart. Find out more in her Kidzworld Fun Facts!
Demi Lovato at the 2012 People's Choice Awards
Demi released a documentary about her road to recovery called 'Stay Strong'
Demi and Selena met on the set of Barney
Did You Know…
- Her full name is Demetria Devonne Lovato.
- Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico August 20 1992, but raised in Dallas Texas.
- Her mother Dianna Hart De La Gaza was a former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader and country music singer.
- Her ancestry is Mexican, Irish, Italian and English.
- She has an older sister, Dallas Lovato, and a younger half sister Madison De La Garza.
- She began playing piano at age 7.
- Demi also began acting and met her long-time friend Selena Gomez on the set of Barney & Friends when she asked Selena to sit on her jacket and draw with crayons with her!
- Demi was bullied as a kid at school and as a result asked her mom to be homeschooled after seventh grade.
- She used to be a vegetarian.
- She became a spokesperson for the anit-bullying organization PACER, and even went on America’s Next Top Model to speak out against bullying. She told the NY Post: “Bullying is a very serious thing to me, I’ve witnessed it first hand – I was bullied myself when I was 12, I want to be able to help other girls around [my sister’s] age come into their own with a strong confidence in their skin, their size, who they are and everything about themselves.”
- In 2007 she auditioned for the movie Camp Rock and the Disney sitcom Sonny with a Chance on the same day and got both parts!
- She met Joe Jonas on the set of Camp Rock, and despite not staying together they remain good friends.
- She played Charlotte Adams in As the Bell Rings, which featured her original songs, like “Shadow”.
- On her audition tape for Camp Rock Demi did a rendition of Christina Aguilera’s “Ain’t No Other Man” and Hollywood Records senior vice president Bob Cavallo said their “jaws just dropped”!
- She provided songs for Camp Rock and also signed with Hollywood records after the film, and released her first solo album Don’t Forget in 2008 which was co-written with The Jonas Brothers.
- In Sonny with a Chance Demi plays a new character on the show-within-a-show So Random!
- Demi co-starred with her friend Selena Gomez in Princess Protection Program the third highest rated Disney Channel Original Movie.
- She enjoys metal music.
- On her 18th birthday she bought her family a mediteranean style house, saying that giving her loved ones that was the best gift of all!
- Due to bullying as a teen she has admitted that she developed emotional problems and an eating disorder, and midway through touring with The Jonas Brothers she pulled out of the tour and sought out help.
- She released a documentary about her time in the treatment center called Stay Strong.
- Her second album Here We Go Again, released in 2009, debuted at #1 on the Billboard charts.
- Due to health issues Demi could not return to Sonny with a Chance for a 3rd season, and it was renamed So Random!
- She released her 3rd solo album Unbroken in fall 2011 and is touring through summer 2012.
- Guest starred in the hit medical Grey’s Anatomy as a suicidal 16-year-old girl.
- She is involved with the Disney charity Friends For Change which promotes environmental awareness.
- Demi and Britney Spears signed on as judges for The X Factor.
Check out Demi's single "Give Your Heart A Break" below!
Have Your Say
What do you think of Demi Lovato? Let us know in the comments section below!