Make Your Own Daisy Chain Necklace
Summer is the time for picnics and long lazy afternoons hanging outside with friends. And while you’re lazing around in the park around the picnic basket, or in the backyard or you can fiddle with a few daisies or wildflowers and make yourself a special summer piece of jewelry. Daisy Chains are great to wear for the warm days or even into the cool summer nights. Of course they don’t last very long, but that’s part of their summer beauty.
Make a Slit in the Bottom Half of the Stem and Thread Another Stem Through Courtesy of marthastewart.com
You Can Wear Your Daisy Chain as an Anklet Courtesy of sereinasphotography.blogspot.com
Daisy Chain Necklaces Courtesy of catosdomain.com
- Daisies (or any flowers with long stems)
- Scissors (if you don’t want to use your fingers)
- Using your fingers or scissors, pinch or cut flowers with about 4 inches of stem.
- Make a slit in the bottom half of the stem with your nails.
- Thread the end of one stem through the stem of another.
- Continue until you have the length of necklace you want.
- To finish, make a second slit in the first flower and thread the last stem through.
- Wear your creation!
There are plenty of ways to wear your Daisy Chain, either as a necklace around your neck or as a bracelet or anklet, you could even make a crown and work it into a summer evening hairdo. There are so many possibilities with this light, fun necklace.
And of course it won’t last you longer than a day, but that’s the fun of it. And you can easily pop into the garden and make another one.
Have Your Say!
What’s your favorite flower? Can you make a chain with it? Tell us in the comment’s section below.