Jennette McCurdy Q&A
Jennette McCurdy, who you may know as Sam from iCarly, is getting ready to star in a new iCarly/Victorious spinoff show and that’s not all – the 20-year-old actress has also teamed up with Birds Eye to spread the word about the need for greens on your plate. Find out more in her Kidzworld Q&A!
"comedy is my passion" says Jennette
Jennette gets crazy in the kitchen! Courtesy of Birdseye
Jane Lynch, Lucas Cruikshank and Jennette
KW: How old are you and where are you from?
- Jennette: I am 20 years old and I am from Long Beach, California, I was born at Long Beach Memorial
KW: How did you first become interested in acting?
- Jennette: I was a big Star Wars fan and I loved Hans Solo and wanted to be him so I told my mother I wanted to act and that I wanted to be him. I was 6 when I told her and 8 when I got an agent.
KW: You’ve been on iCarly for a few years now, how would you describe your character and how they’ve changed?
- Jennette: Sam is brazen and sarcastic and also a very loyal friend and dangerous, and I think sam has changed through the years beause in the beginning my dialogue was very much like ‘oh a snarky comeback’ to Freddy or whatever, but I think she’s more curt and rude to people she doesn’t know but curbs it for friends. I think she’s the same but has just matured as a character.
KW: What is your favorite episode personally?
- Jennette: Every actor picks their favorite episode based on whether they get the most lines or not and I’m not different, so I’d have to say "iTwin" was one of my favorites because I got to be Sam and Sam’s twin Melanie, the opposite of Sam, which was nice it was like a nice challenge and everything. I liked when Sam was girlier in order to get a boyfriend but then she found out that he just liked her from the beginning.
KW: Do you feel like you’re similar to Sam?
- Jennette: I have 3 older brothers so I think a little bit of tomboyishness is inevitable but I’m different in that I haven’t been to juvie and I like high heels and some girly things, and I love meat but I don’t think I’m as into it as Sam is.
KW: Which actors do you look up to?
- Jennette: I love Meryl Streep, I think she can do anything, I love Gilda Radner, Lucille Ball, classic comedians, Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph. As for guys I love Dan Akroyd, Jim Carrey, I’m a fan of the Canadians, I like Mike Meyers . I like funny people, I love to laugh.
KW: Do you want to do more comedic films in the future?
- Jennette: I think comedy is my passion, I think being able to make people laugh is the best thing in the world, and there\s nothing better than that so why not keep doing it?
KW: You and Birds Eye have teamed up for a new campaign, can you tell us a bit about it?
- Jennette: Our whole objective is to inspire a new generation of vegetable lovers and hopefully to encourage kids to see vegetables as something delicious and that can fill them up and satisfy them and helps them to be healthy and stay fit. There’s a sweepstakes where kids can enter online and whoever wins will be featured on iCarly, which I think is an awesome prize.
KW: Why did you want to get involved with this campaign?
- Jennette: I wanted to get involved with Birds Eye because healthy eating is so important to how you feel, and it’s a conscious effort and one if taken early has much better results. I know if I have a day where I eat healthy I have much more stamina and feel better.
KW: What are you working on right now?
- Jennette: I am so excited, we just finished iCarly a month and a half ago and now I am starting work on an iCarly/Victorious spinoff.
- Hobby: Going to the gym
- Movie: Back to the Future
- Sport: Figure Skating
- Vegetable: Brussel Sprouts
Have Your Say
Are you a Jennette McCurdy fan? Let us know in the comments section below.