Inventing a Sport
It's time for a new sport to be invented and as the youngest generation, it's your job to be creative and come up with a new game for this world. The last sport to be invented, out of all the major sports, was basketball and that was in the 1890s. What going on? Can't we think of something new? Let's figure out how to invent a new sport!
Sport Design Courtesy of newsbookblog.blogspot.com
Frisbee Golf Courtesy of uncommonsportsman.com
Different Sports Courtesy of zabava.bz
Baseball Field Courtesy of honorverse.wikia.com
Rules and Regulations
First of all, performance sports (snowboarding, figure skating, skateboarding) don't count. We're talking about a cool new game that involves a point scoring system like hockey, soccer, football, basketball. And no... ultimate frisbee (frisbee + football) does not count where you mix two sports together to make one new one... we want something completely unique!
Step by Step
- Decide what kind of sport you want. Is it played in water? On a field? Is it about accuracy or about speed? Is it an individual sport or a team sport?
- Pick a name for your sport.
- Make a design of the field it'll be played in. If it doesn't really matter where it's played, then make sketches of the things that are needed, such as in soccer, all you need are two goals, boundaries and a ball.
- Come up with basic rules: how many players, objective, how to score/gain points, what the main methods/steps are etc. Be sure all the players have specific jobs, and that each one contributes to the game.
- Draw the ball/racket/uniforms needed to play your sport. Sports involving balls must have a specific design for the ball. Some sports need specific uniforms. Some have a specific shape of a racket. Be creative in thinking these up!
- Time to play! As a student, you have an amazing opportunity to get your sport going fairly easily. All you have to do is ask your gym teacher if you could spend a couple of classes trying it out.
- Did it work? If your sport is fun, it's time to get build it to the big leagues. Can you imagine if your sport becomes as big as the NFL? It's totally possible. The best place to make a sport popular world wide is by going to University and promoting it to other Universities. That's how most other sports caught on...
Even though most people think baseball is boring, it is probably the most creative of all the sports. Can you imagine the first game of baseball ever played and what the players were thinking? How cool would it be if you could invent a new sport that had some interesting rules like baseball.
Have Your Say
What do you think is the most interesting sportever created? Let us know in the ocmments...