Kw-halloween-logo-small

Comments

Dear Dish-It: Help Me Calm My Nerves!

Nervous Ballerina asks: I’m going to be performing in The Nutcracker this weekend. It’s a really popular ballet, and it’s a huge deal. I’m super nervous. How can I calm my nerves? Back to Article

JesseWesse
JesseWesse wrote:
2014-04-16 16:52:19 -0700

im always stuttering even tho when my mom is here its hard

puppy_love315
puppy_love315 wrote:
2013-12-06 15:50:01 -0800

im scared to go on stage and anager issues

EmoSkittleGirl
EmoSkittleGirl wrote:
2013-10-04 17:54:37 -0700

I'm even nervous when I talk to my parents. -_-

moongemowl
moongemowl wrote:
2013-08-03 13:39:09 -0700

just pretend the crowd is'nt there and that it's just practice. I've danced in the nutcracker 2 times and I could barely pay attention to the crowd smile

NilNil
NilNil wrote:
2013-04-07 17:23:53 -0700

flash the crowd.

ben.music_1725016
ben.music_1725016 wrote:
2013-04-07 12:20:49 -0700

So many things crossing my mind like a gone bullets, I try to relax, have a walk or fresh air, a bit of distraction, music, I was out at the cinema but feeling like nothing really helped

Lollipop@03
Lollipop@03 wrote:
2013-01-20 15:17:10 -0800

Just take a deep breath and Just GO FOR IT!

party popper hamster
party popper hamster wrote:
2013-01-03 06:32:49 -0800

YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS. DON'T STOP. THIS IS SO FREAKY.
1. say your name ten times.
2. say your mom's name five times.
3. say your crushes three times♥.
...4. paste this to five other groups
.........................................................If you do this, your crush will kiss you on the nearest Friday.
But if you read this and do not paste this, then you
will have very bad luck

MissBallerinaxoxox
MissBallerinaxoxox wrote:
2012-12-14 11:03:03 -0800

It always helps to imagine people in their underwear. =]

xXeightsidedcircleXx
xXeightsidedcircleXx wrote:
2012-12-10 11:26:26 -0800

Don't you worry. I've been acting for 5 years, but still, I get nervous when it comes to showtime. Just close your eyes, imagine a spectacular performance, and breathe, deeply. Go over lines/dance moves as much as you can. As for picturing the audience naked, my brain doesn't work like that and I get distracted trying to see everyone naked other than saying my lines. And if it helps, don't look at any faces when performing. Look at a wall, nobody will know!
Good luck!

tigerpooh23
tigerpooh23 wrote:
2012-12-08 15:24:36 -0800

meeee toooo

XdannyX
XdannyX wrote:
2012-12-08 15:22:42 -0800

ok some times i lose it wen people jump out and scare me

frikiya
frikiya wrote:
2012-12-08 11:40:03 -0800

Think of the aduince as naked people it helps 80 percent

Sasha200
Sasha200 wrote:
2012-12-07 06:19:38 -0800

I'm sure everything will be fine! I'm doing a HUGE play on the 9th and i'm so nervous i'm gonna mess it up, but i have confidence, and so should you!!!!!

vanillaswirls
vanillaswirls wrote:
2012-12-05 08:03:29 -0800

you'll be fine! If you weren't a good dancer you wouldn't have gotten into the ballet in the first place. Good luck!

Surfingbabe
Surfingbabe wrote:
2012-12-03 14:53:36 -0800

Don't make a fuss! Just enjoy yourself! smile

bozo33333
bozo33333 wrote:
2012-12-02 16:21:16 -0800

just be your self

loopyloop3421
loopyloop3421 wrote:
2012-12-02 15:15:47 -0800

Just remember, everybody makes mistakes and if you do and you go "ugh!!!" then the audience will know you made a mistake but if you just go on they will have no idea!

befamouscupcake23
befamouscupcake23 wrote:
2012-12-02 10:28:39 -0800

you should be excited dude this is awesome I would practice all the time if I were you cuz I would love to play that part

jessica world
jessica world wrote:
2012-12-01 19:49:16 -0800

whats rockin

Ballet-0_poll

Which language is the word

• French
  • Italian
  • German
  • Portugese

Micro_ballet_micro
Ever since style icon Audrey Hepburn made ballet flats a staple in the 1960s when she paired them...
tatiana asks: "i like this boy tons.....but when i am around him i act like i hate him and know h...
Looking for a way to get in shape, improve your flexibility and have fun? Ballet dancin...
I've had a lot of boyfriends, but I've never kissed one before. I'm scared that I'l...

FeatheryOne
I'm sorry but if you're not over 12 you're going to have to stay in some sort of limits; do you understand the threats out there?
kuzivakwashe
hi i think we all say our parents treat us like babies. i am 12 years old and i am still mumys baby. our parents will always be there to catch us. sometimes i think i am treated like a baby. i think we are still young to be saying we are now grown ups. i hope that helped
ChickenGoPowPow
ChickenGoPowPow posted in Style:
Well first of all, I understand what you're saying.  You want to be well dressed like them, Am I right? First, it doesn't matter what you dress like.. long as you being yourself. You don't have to be insecure of what you wear because you are perfect just the way you are. Don't worry about how they dress or what they even get. Be who you are. That's what makes you unique. If you still want to just dress up like them or buy better clothes then look in stores or discuss it with your parents an they might just have an idea. You might be younger than them, but at least you are being who you were born to be, which is you. Don't ever feel bad about yourself. Clothes are just clothes. Nothing different.
e_stunner
e_stunner posted in Style:
I'm 2 years younger than my seniors in school.I never really cared about how i looked but when i saw their online pictures i saw how well dressed they were.I started feeling insecure and hating every outifit i wore.I want not to care but i can't.Help me!
heyitsangel
My mom& dad still treats me like a baby too because I have only just turend 13 on september 8th  I just want to be independence too and I do the same  I talk to them and they always say I'm not ready to be independence  and then say I have to wait till I'm 15 or 16.