Comments

Dear Dish-It: Help Me Calm My Nerves!

Nervous Ballerina asks: I’m going to be performing in The Nutcracker this weekend. It’s a really popular ballet, and it’s a huge deal. I’m super nervous. How can I calm my nerves? Back to Article

JesseWesse
JesseWesse wrote:
2014-04-16 16:52:19 -0700

im always stuttering even tho when my mom is here its hard

puppy_love315
puppy_love315 wrote:
2013-12-06 15:50:01 -0800

im scared to go on stage and anager issues

EmoSkittleGirl
EmoSkittleGirl wrote:
2013-10-04 17:54:37 -0700

I'm even nervous when I talk to my parents. -_-

moongemowl
moongemowl wrote:
2013-08-03 13:39:09 -0700

just pretend the crowd is'nt there and that it's just practice. I've danced in the nutcracker 2 times and I could barely pay attention to the crowd smile

NilNil
NilNil wrote:
2013-04-07 17:23:53 -0700

flash the crowd.

ben.music_1725016
ben.music_1725016 wrote:
2013-04-07 12:20:49 -0700

So many things crossing my mind like a gone bullets, I try to relax, have a walk or fresh air, a bit of distraction, music, I was out at the cinema but feeling like nothing really helped

Lollipop@03
Lollipop@03 wrote:
2013-01-20 15:17:10 -0800

Just take a deep breath and Just GO FOR IT!

party popper hamster
party popper hamster wrote:
2013-01-03 06:32:49 -0800

YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS. DON'T STOP. THIS IS SO FREAKY.
1. say your name ten times.
2. say your mom's name five times.
3. say your crushes three times♥.
...4. paste this to five other groups
.........................................................If you do this, your crush will kiss you on the nearest Friday.
But if you read this and do not paste this, then you
will have very bad luck

MissBallerinaxoxox
MissBallerinaxoxox wrote:
2012-12-14 11:03:03 -0800

It always helps to imagine people in their underwear. =]

xXeightsidedcircleXx
xXeightsidedcircleXx wrote:
2012-12-10 11:26:26 -0800

Don't you worry. I've been acting for 5 years, but still, I get nervous when it comes to showtime. Just close your eyes, imagine a spectacular performance, and breathe, deeply. Go over lines/dance moves as much as you can. As for picturing the audience naked, my brain doesn't work like that and I get distracted trying to see everyone naked other than saying my lines. And if it helps, don't look at any faces when performing. Look at a wall, nobody will know!
Good luck!

tigerpooh23
tigerpooh23 wrote:
2012-12-08 15:24:36 -0800

meeee toooo

XdannyX
XdannyX wrote:
2012-12-08 15:22:42 -0800

ok some times i lose it wen people jump out and scare me

frikiya
frikiya wrote:
2012-12-08 11:40:03 -0800

Think of the aduince as naked people it helps 80 percent

Sasha200
Sasha200 wrote:
2012-12-07 06:19:38 -0800

I'm sure everything will be fine! I'm doing a HUGE play on the 9th and i'm so nervous i'm gonna mess it up, but i have confidence, and so should you!!!!!

vanillaswirls
vanillaswirls wrote:
2012-12-05 08:03:29 -0800

you'll be fine! If you weren't a good dancer you wouldn't have gotten into the ballet in the first place. Good luck!

Surfingbabe
Surfingbabe wrote:
2012-12-03 14:53:36 -0800

Don't make a fuss! Just enjoy yourself! smile

bozo33333
bozo33333 wrote:
2012-12-02 16:21:16 -0800

just be your self

loopyloop3421
loopyloop3421 wrote:
2012-12-02 15:15:47 -0800

Just remember, everybody makes mistakes and if you do and you go "ugh!!!" then the audience will know you made a mistake but if you just go on they will have no idea!

befamouscupcake23
befamouscupcake23 wrote:
2012-12-02 10:28:39 -0800

you should be excited dude this is awesome I would practice all the time if I were you cuz I would love to play that part

jessica world
jessica world wrote:
2012-12-01 19:49:16 -0800

whats rockin

Ballet-0_poll

Which language is the word

• French
  • Italian
  • German
  • Portugese

Micro_ballet_micro
Ever since style icon Audrey Hepburn made ballet flats a staple in the 1960s when she paired them...
tatiana asks: "i like this boy tons.....but when i am around him i act like i hate him and know h...
Looking for a way to get in shape, improve your flexibility and have fun? Ballet dancin...
I've had a lot of boyfriends, but I've never kissed one before. I'm scared that I'l...

blakbutterfly
That's just how sisters are. They would grow up and change their ways and do remember, whatever they do, how much they annoy you, they still love you and this is how usually kids show their love to someone they feel close to. Yes, they feel close to you and annoys you because they know you would tolerate them. It's their way and be proud of the fact that they consider you close enough to annoy! I would be more than glad if my sister annoys me. And even though my sister is just a month old, she's pretty hilariously good and annoying her and sometimes, I reciprocate her behavior towards me. She pretty hilarious and intelligent for a month old baby!
disney princess
She is quite young, but you should start taming her a little from now. She might become better when she grows up,but what if she doesn't? you can tell your parents about this, with a priof, yes.
Jelly3
Jelly3 posted in Family Issues:
"jordand08" wrote: "LiviMimiLivi" wrote: I have a little sister she is four and she is so annoying! She is sassy, too. She acts like she's a teen! She is a devil when our parents aren't around. But an 'angel' when adults are around, she makes animal noises and acts like she is a small innocent thing. PLEASE HELP ME FROM THIS!!!!!! Well, she is four, and that's how little one's act.  ^This, and also I believe she'll start behaving better as she gets older.
Jelly3
Jelly3 posted in Family Issues:
"CandyDreamer" wrote:My parents are only strict when they need to be. This.
syedarabia
syedarabia posted in Friends:
i think friend is a gift of a god...........it is the best gift for ever...........i like my friends...........               may allah always happy my friends......